YOU KNOW HOW TO PUT super IN SUPERVISOR.
Closing: Until filled
The successful candidate will work regular centre hours with rotational Saturdays and occasional evening shifts.
When it comes to leading a team, you’re definitely the whole package - enthusiastic team player and supportive coach. You love the challenge of motivating people to achieve success and flourish when helping others to learn and grow. For you, being a Supervisor is all about making a positive difference for our members and the advisors on your team.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You feel successful when everyone else succeeds and enjoy helping people through a jam in the moment and building their skills for the future.
- You believe that being a great leader involves being a strong motivator who enjoys sharing knowledge and experience.
- Your excellent communication skills make it easy to get people on board and excited about working with you.
- You're passionate about a leadership career in the insurance industry.
- You have a love for learning and education — not just for others, but also for yourself.
- You’re a mad multi-tasker, able to juggle projects and deadlines with ease. You know how things get done (and how to get others to help you along the way!).
- You are passionate about sales and customer service… you can’t imagine doing anything else!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Insurance Agency.
- Provide technical and hands on coaching and support to agency staff in servicing the customers.
- Will be responsible for supporting insurance operations within the branch as well as remotely.
- Coach and mentor staff to achieve key performance metrics, including monthly sales targets.
- Assist and support the manager in operational change initiatives.
- Monitor the day to day operations, schedules, and administrative tasks for seamless service to customers and efficient operation of the center.
- Demonstrate the highest standards in accordance with the Associations Visions, Values and Expected Behaviors to meet both the employee and member expectations.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- You have your Level 2 - General Insurance Agent Certificate of Authority.
- You have, or will be motivated to work towards your;
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation.
- Accident and Sickness Certificate of Authority.
- You have at least three years of experience in the insurance industry indicating a progressively increased level of responsibility in a customer focused environment.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Retirement Savings Program.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and "ME" day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.