YOU’RE A communications DYNAMO
Closed: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South (Hybrid)
You know that being a great communicator is so much more than being an excellent writer (which you are) or knowing your way around the web, social media and print (which you do); it’s about connecting with your audience and making them feel understood. You truly believe that good communications help employees feel empowered, customers feel valued, and businesses succeed. You also know that strong strategies are the key to success—and your communications plans are a thing of beauty. You work well with internal clients, you’re a pro at identifying the business need or strategic opportunity, and you aren’t afraid to propose new solutions or innovative approaches. We love that about you.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a master of strategy, turning client briefs into comprehensive plans that leave nothing to chance.
- You’ve got the heart, vision and drive of an entrepreneur and are always looking for new ways to advance company objectives.
- You’re part storyteller, part translator, part problem-solver. It’s about finding the narrative that truly connects with your audience and makes their lives easier.
- You understand client and customer needs. Active listening comes as naturally as breathing.
- You work just as well on your own as you do in a team.
- You embrace change and love helping others through it too.
- You stay on top of industry trends, developments and best practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Communications Association.
- Provide communications planning and project management support for internal and external programs and campaigns.
- Manage communications services for client business units and marketing teams by preparing strategic communications plans and seeing them through execution.
- Support Association-wide communications-related projects and issues.
- Work closely with peers within business units and departments to ensure communication initiatives are aligned.
- Research, write and edit stories of relevance to members and employees.
- Create and edit content in a voice that reflects our brand, and is consistent with the Canadian Press Style Guide, the AMA Style Guide, and our internal editorial guidelines.
- Support various company-wide communications channels, including social media, online and print.
- Propose ways to improve internal and external communication processes.
- Identify opportunities to share strategic initiatives and outcomes with AMA staff.
- Help ensure a consistent member and employee experience online and offline through integration between communications channels.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Business is booming and we need your experience as a communications generalist to keep the lines of communication open. You will have solid experience in planning, a knack for problem solving, and a gift for storytelling.
- You have at least five (5) years of experience in a communications role.
- You have a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in communications or public relations.
- You excel at planning with demonstrated experience developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans.
- You have a compelling writing style and a portfolio of communications materials for a variety of audiences.
- You’re a strong project manager, with a track record of guiding successful campaigns and plans.
- You’ll get bonus points if you have professional experience with social media. Accreditation from CPRS or IABC would also put you at the head of the class.
- You have a history of strong research skills, superior writing, and the ability to produce flawless communications in plain language that meet audience needs.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Retirement Savings Program.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and Me Day.