AUDITING ISN’T your
JOB…IT’S YOUR calling!
Closing: When Filled
Location: Kingsway (Hybrid)
AMA Internal Audit provides independent and objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value and improve the business operations of the AMA Group of Companies (including those of Bridgewater Bank, Insurance Services and all other subsidiaries). Internal Audit helps the AMA accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes within the organization.
As the Insurance Audit Manager, you will manage audit portfolios for AMA Insurance. With your problem-solving and decision-making expertise, you will oversee an auditor in the delivery of risk-based audits and provide advisory services that add value to the business. You will aid the business in continually improving internal controls, following appropriate policies and procedures, managing risks, making planning decisions, and efficiently resolving operational issues.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a professional auditor who is familiar with the Institute of Internal Auditor Standards and maintains confidentiality, independence, and objectivity.
- You believe that being a great leader not only involves being a strong motivator, but also a mentor who generously shares time, knowledge, and experience.
- You naturally build great relationships and provide astute advice and value-added recommendations.
- You are an excellent communicator and an even better listener.
- You have an inquisitive mind and are a pragmatic thinker. You tackle problems head-on, make solid decisions and know when it’s appropriate to invite others in to collaborate on a situation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Director, Internal Audit.
- Develop and review audit plans for complex financial, operational and compliance audits to achieve audit objectives.
- Lead and execute audit plans to achieve audit objectives in conformance with IIA Standards.
- Prepare concise and informative audit reports to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Assist in the development of an annual and three-year audit plan for AMA Insurance to achieve IA’s mandate and meet IIA standards.
- Provide advisory services to management to contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
- Support reporting to the Audit Committee to provide independent assurance that controls are operating effectively, or that management is taking appropriate actions to address deficiencies.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Finance, Information Technology or a related field.
- You have a current professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing (CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA).
- You have at least 5 years of experience in management/leadership roles in an audit capacity.
- Experience in the insurance industry would be an asset.
- You have deep knowledge and experience with current internal audit standards, risk management and internal control frameworks and methodologies.
- You understand the regulatory environment and requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Retirement Savings Program.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid Vacation and other paid time off including a Volunteer Day and Me-Day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.