YOU’VE never MET A PROBLEM YOU COULDN’T SOLVE.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Bridgewater Bank, Calgary (hybrid)
The word “problem” isn’t even in your vocabulary. You prefer to think of it as a challenge waiting for you to work your analytical magic. In fact, you don’t know if you’ve ever met a problem because you only meet opportunities. You love the thought of turning ideas into real applications. You’re always on the hunt for innovative new technologies that can help people work smarter not just faster. You have a knack for data and details, without losing sight of the big picture. You’ve got the skills to coordinate a project from start to finish; you work well with a broad group of people; and you communicate clearly every step of the way.
WHO IS BRIDGEWATER BANK?
Unlike a traditional bank, we have no branches. This means less time managing logistics and more time focused on you and our ‘why’ – helping you succeed. Our focus is providing honest, straightforward service and financial solutions for everyday living and important life events.
We’re financial service experts with flexible mindsets. Being a smaller bank makes us nimble, and that means we can respond quickly with innovative approaches that don’t need to go through multiple levels of approvals.
Our customers are everything. When you become a customer of Bridgewater Bank, you’re like our neighbour – even family – and we treat you that way.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You have a knack for finding simple solutions to complicated problems and explaining them in a way that helps others see the possibilities too.
- You’re hyper organized – there’s no clutter in your workspace or in your brain, and you can handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and clear vision.
- You like making things better – it’s why you constantly try to improve the way things are done.
- You’re the MacGyver of the BA world – resourceful and creative while always keeping the end goal in mind.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Director, IT Operations.
- Responsible for managing IT related change requests to provide assistance with analyzing and implementing desired change. This will involve meeting with business users and vendors to define and document business, functional and non-functional IT requirements.
- Enhance program management office processes, templates, checklists, policies and guidelines, best practices, lesson-learned documents and methodologies for use by others within Bridgewater Bank.
- Identify potential opportunities and risks associated with current and future states of the business and assist management decision making for organization objectives.
- Assist with design, documentation, and maintenance of banking system processes.
- Act as project leader, manager, mentor, or team member on assigned projects.
- Assist team members with technical issues related to the systems by investigating problems and developing suggestions for resolutions.
- Liaise with vendors to discuss issues and requests, and to identify and implement solutions.
- Realize business requirements and make recommendations to meet these requirements.
- Work closely with the IT team to advise on decision making, project status, and discuss/consult yearly business event calendars to strategically plan initiatives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team members such as business unit managers in order to achieve project objectives. Doing so by planning and facilitating meetings, encouraging strategic discussions, negotiating business options and sharing insights and findings.
- Promote best practices of the systems while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Working as the subject matter expert of banking technologies.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a diploma or university degree in an IT related field, or relevant industry experience.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ business analysis and project management experience (strategic analysis, troubleshooting, project testing & documenting), along with a foundation in IT from a degree/diploma and industry experience working in a technical IT role.
- You’ll get triple gold stars if you have financial industry knowledge and/or cyber security skills, and Business Analyst skills found in BABOK.
- You’re experienced in identifying and documenting business and functional requirements, business processes, and you have a strong understanding of information technology.
- You’re an Excel pro, able to also use Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook with ease.
- You can navigate your way through the technical world with ease in areas of systems development, integration, and implementation.
- You are keen on self-improvement and are willing to work toward certifications and skills that will make things better for yourself, your team, and the bank.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Retirement Savings program.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.