YOU love TELLING PEOPLE
YOUR JOB IS FILLED WITH risk.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Bridgewater Bank (Remote - Work From Home)
You’ve always been the kind of person who looks at the world from every angle. You’re a natural trouble-shooter who can spot the red flag that everyone else missed. But behind all the analysis, the paperwork and the technology, you never forget that there are people who’ll be affected by your decisions.
WHO IS BRIDGEWATER BANK?
Unlike a traditional bank, we have no branches. This means less time managing logistics and more time focussed on you and our ‘why’ – helping you succeed. Our focus is providing honest, straightforward service and financial solutions for everyday living and important life events.
We’re financial service experts with flexible mindsets. Being a smaller bank makes us nimble, and that means we can respond quickly with innovative approaches that don’t need to go through multiple levels of approvals.
Our customers are everything. When you become a customer of Bridgewater Bank you’re like our neighbour – even family – and we treat you that way
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You may be trained to be alert to any potential risks, but you also believe that everyone deserves a fair shot at being a homeowner and you’ll explore every avenue and angle when assessing an application.
- You’re an excellent communicator who listens when people talk; and when you talk, people listen.
- You’re a born analyst and love the idea of digging deep to find every little detail.
- You’re a mad multi-tasker, able to juggle projects and deadlines with ease. You know how things get done (and how to get others to help you along the way!).
- You know your stuff when it comes to dealing with credit.
- You work well on your own but also love being part of and collaborating in a team environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to Manager, Underwriting and Broker Services.
- Approve or decline mortgage loan applications, within lending limit authorities, in order to meet established deadlines and quality standards.
- Review loan documents to determine if the buyer, property and loan conditions meet mortgage underwriting standards.
- Conduct Pre-Fund Quality Assurance Reviews, Post Fund Internal and External Audits to ensure mortgages are within internal and regulatory guidelines.
- Apply Due diligence when processing applications and reviewing documents. Utilization of additional search engines and tools provided for validation.
- Identify suspicious scenarios or documents, investigate, and escalate accordingly.
- Build positive relationships with Brokers and other partners.
- Assist the Service team with insight on high-risk deals including declines.
- Provide pricing on all mortgage renewals to ensure profitability and consistency.
- Serve as escalation point for Brokers and Business Development Managers.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g. business/commerce, business management, finance, etc.) or other related experience.
- You have at least two to three years of experience in a financial institution (preferably in mortgage underwriting).
- You’re comfortable with various software applications, such as MS Office, LMS, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Retirement Savings program.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.