ARE YOU THE write
PERSON FOR THE JOB?
Closing: Until filled
Location: Edmonton, Kingsway
When you have something to say, do you let your fingers do the talking (or typing)? Do you have a love for writing and consider yourself exceptionally strong in both written and verbal communications skills? If so, we may be offering the challenge you’ve been waiting for.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You're not only well known for your superior communication and presentation skills, but can express your ideas to a wide variety of groups, who may or may not share your level of business communications know-how.
- You're not just a multi-tasker, you're a time management whiz! You don't need anyone to light a fire under you, you know what needs to be done and you do it.
- You're insatiably curious and analytical and make smart and sensible choices.
- One of the favorite parts of your job is being able to share your knowledge and experience to help others grow and excel in their careers.
- You're a resourceful and out-of-the box thinker.
- You enjoy working on your own but love those times you get to connect with others, including other departments.
- You're comfortable with change and adapt quickly while producing quality and highly accurate work.
- You're all about ethics both personally and professionally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Supervisor of Corporate Underwriting.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and underwriting policies.
- Determine if new or renewal business is rated in accordance with underwriting rules and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will be successful.
- Recommend improvements to existing procedures, system functionality and underwriting manuals to provide more clarity and consistency.
- Develop comprehensive management reports to support recommendations for improvements in workflow processes and procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive business relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree in Business, Accounting and/or a related field.
- You have 8 years related Automobile and Property underwriting experience.
- You'll get bonus points if you have a FCIP or CIP designation from the Insurance Institute of Canada.
- You have or are willing to take auditing courses to obtain an Auditor Training Certificate.
- You're technologically savvy and are proficient with Microsoft Office Programs and automated systems.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and "ME" day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.