YOU’RE technically A genius.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South (Hybrid)
As far back as you can remember, you’ve always had a passion for technology. Even at a young age, you’d be the one helping your parents figure out the new TV remote (and VCR and the microwave…you get the picture). And the moment you first sat down at a computer, you knew it was true love. You’re passionate about supporting applications but also analyzing what’s working and what isn’t, because to you, there’s magic in making things run smoothly.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- Your attention to detail is so impressive, you’ve earned the nickname “eagle eyes”.
- You genuinely love interacting with people and finding ways to make a difference in their day.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and the uncanny ability to get your point across in a way that everyone understands.
- You’re a master juggler — of projects, that is. Seriously, you’ve got some mad multi-tasking and prioritization skills, but never let a tight timeline impact your high-quality results.
- Your favorite noun is teamwork – working well with others comes as naturally to you as breathing, but you don’t mind working solo either.
- You never need to be told what to do…when you see something that needs doing, you get on it!
- You’re a lifelong learner who picks up new things quickly. And we like that about you.
- You’re both a right-and-left-brained thinker. Your innovative side is balanced by your quantitative analytical abilities.
- You’ve never met a problem you couldn’t solve.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Team Lead, COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) Systems.
- You’ll participate in change, supporting a culture of continual improvement.
- You’ll contribute to feedback loops within the team, department and organization to improve efficiency and remove non-value adding tasks within the COTS team.
- You’ll develop, test and maintain a variety of automation scripts that address large initiatives under the instruction of senior team members.
- You’ll adhere to documentation on application security operating procedures and protocols, considering security at all stages of operation.
- You’ll participate in evaluation of new products, tools and technology that could address both known and unknown organizational need.
- Under the direction of senior team members, you’ll explore areas appropriate for further study.
- You’ll participate in executing Proof of Concept projects and tasks.
- You’ll participate in the testing, documentation, and implementation of software releases.
- You’ll prepare code for Peer Review according to AMA standards.
- You’ll setup automated testing, monitoring and alerting when applicable.
- You’ll participate in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the AMA’s COTS applications.
- You’ll contribute to activities related to the design, development and maintenance of AMA’s enterprise architecture.
- You’ll help administer, monitor, measure, and improve COTS applications across the organization.
- You’ll identify problem resolutions to address root causes to minimize any repeat incidents.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a related post-secondary education (Information Technology or Computer Science degree is an asset).
- You’ve got experience in Application Systems Analysis, Implementation, Support, Administration & Development.
- Experience with Workday, ServiceNow, and/or Content Server would be considered an asset.
- Experience with SQL & Web development, desktop computing would be considered an asset.
- Experience with server environments in VM & AWS would be considered an asset.
- Agile (lean, SCRUM, Kanban) certification would be a bonus!
- You find not only comfort but excitement in discovering and understanding the quickly changing technological landscape.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and other paid time off including Volunteer Day and Me Day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.