YOU'RE ALL ABOUT going THAT extra MILE TO help OTHERS.
Closing: Until filled
Location: AMA Grande Prairie (Temporary 6 months)
Are you the kind of person who always gets stopped on the street and asked for directions? You know, one of those friendly, approachable types who always have a smile on their face and are ready to help someone in need. If this sounds like you, then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for in our Member Services team. We need someone who can provide exemplary customer service and support to our Member Services Teams. A welcoming face who goes above and beyond to help our members with retail items and membership products and services. You might say that our ideal candidate is part detective, part problem-solver, part psychic and a local travel bug — in other words, you enjoy taking the time to understand and anticipate members’ needs then dig deep to find just the right answers, no matter what team in the city needs your particular set of skills.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You love the fact that every day on the job is different from the last – and you’re excited at the opportunity to always be learning something new, often in new environments too.
- You enjoy being a part of a team whose experience and expertise is there to tap into, and you like sharing your own knowledge and skills as well.
- You’ve got mad skills when it comes to thinking on your feet in a fast-paced environment.
- You welcome the opportunity to face a challenge head-on and know how to handle even the toughest situation with patience and grace.
- You've made it your personal mission to take customer service to the highest possible level.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager of Member and Travel Services.
- Provide outstanding customer service and support to our members, keeping on top of and promoting appropriate AMA products and services.
- Complete membership, basic registry and entry level travel product and service transactions – accurately, confidentially and in a timely manner.
- Professionally engage members in a welcoming and positive manner to determine their needs and take care of retail transactions within our centers. (Retail transactions include but are not limited to: membership support, gift card sales, movie pass sales, International Driver’s Permits, road test check-ins, Parks Canada passes, Driver’s Education programs, ski passes, passport photos, basic registry services [MOVES], and other retail items sold in center).
- Provide back-up for our Member Services Coordinators.
- Various Admin tasks as assigned including assisting agents with hold support, document printing, inventory, gift card counts, custodian, cash out and other duties as assigned.
- Assess member needs and match with the appropriate representative best qualified to complete the relevant product and/or service. This will be most critical where specialization is required for complex customer needs.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You’re at least 18 years old with a high school diploma and have an updated Police Information Check (PIC). You’ve got strong communication skills, and sales or customer service experience. Along with a commitment to learning.
- You’re no newbie to customer service with 1-2 years of retail and/or administrative experience.
- Your awesome attitude and genuine desire to help people is what matters most in this job.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.