YOUR PROJECT IS TO lead THE
people WHO LEAD PROJECTS.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South
Are you passionate about leading a team; about empowering, and enabling that team to be successful? If so, then this team lead role is meant for you. We are looking for an agile and collaborative individual who knows how to get things done in a dynamic and challenging environment. You find ways to deliver incremental value to the people, processes, and projects you support, knowing that small wins add up faster than big bangs. You will be providing leadership and development for a team of project management resources, helping to move strategic initiatives forward on time, on budget and delivering value across the organization. You have a desire to mentor, support, and guide your team to exceed expectations by creating an environment where new ideas and approaches are recognized, rewarded, and celebrated. You have a whole lot of experience proving that you know how to get things done, and how to motivate staff to help get it done.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- Leadership is your calling; you inspire and empower your team to conquer challenges, achieve extraordinary results, and discover their inner greatness.
- You’re an experienced, pragmatic leader that can execute strategies and plans while remaining authentic and accessible.
- You understand that vision isn’t just about seeing the future – it’s about understanding what it takes to get there.
- You’re a time-management pro, effortlessly navigating through tasks and maximizing productivity with impeccable precision.
- You love to share thoughts, ideas, and more importantly, create an atmosphere where your team does as well.
- You’re a natural when it comes to finding simple solutions to complicated problems and explaining them to others.
- Your approach to leadership fosters learning, excellence, and a performance mindset among your team.
- You’ve got a mind finely tuned for problem-solving, effortlessly unravel complexities, consistently delivering solutions with strategic finesse.
- You're a flexible and responsive team player who is comfortable working with all levels in an organization.
- You have a love for learning and education — not just for others, but also for yourself.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Director, EPMO.
- Develop and support a strong team of experts with diverse backgrounds, fostering a positive and supportive team culture.
- Ensure that operational excellence is a top priority by overseeing initiatives that will increase our effectiveness, efficiency, and profitability. And of course, that we’re making the best use of our resources.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with management teams and suppliers/vendors, building trust and confidence.
- Provide leadership and expertise, ensuring your team’s project plans, project schedules, risk mitigation and status reporting are within the standards of project management methodologies.
- Leverage your expertise to develop and implement successful project management principles.
- Mentor, coach and guide your team who are leading the complex, enterprise-wide projects, and initiatives, translating strategy into requirements, recommendations, and new solutions.
- Ensure project stakeholder, executive sponsor, and steering committee member views are represented, incorporated, and managed by the project team.
- Recommend and participate in the design and implementation of project management and software development standards, tools, and methodologies.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other project/delivery teams, business areas and external parties to ensure interdependencies are identified early and managed successfully.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams, embracing change, building talent, and empowering resources to achieve outcomes.
- You’ve got some serious experience under your belt with at least 6 years of progressive management or leadership in a team-oriented workplace.
- You’ve worked in roles where meticulous organization, prioritization and planning have been vital to success.
- You have post-secondary education in IT, business, or a related field.
- You have a few years’ experience in project management.
- You have strong communication skills, written and verbal, and have proven presentation and facilitation skills, along with an ability to connect with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Your project management skills are impeccable at every stage – planning, analysis, execution, and closure along with problem solving and communication.
- Your in-depth understanding of agile and lean delivery concepts & methodologies, with a history of successfully applying this knowledge to project management makes you a perfect candidate for this role.
- Having a project management or change management designation (PMP) would be considered an asset.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid Vacation and other paid time off including a Volunteer Day and Me-Day
- Flexible work model.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.