AS A TROUBLESHOOTER,
you’ve got INCREDIBLE aim.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton Admin (Hybrid)
You’ve been passionate about technology and computers for as long as you can remember (even as a kid, you were the family’s go-to tech whiz). To you, building, testing, improving, and deploying digital devices isn’t just a hobby – it’s your calling. You love working with people, troubleshooting the root cause of technical issues, and sharing that knowledge within a team. In fact, there’s no IT challenge you won’t take on – you’re game for anything.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a comfortable and confident communicator, highly skilled in researching and interviewing, and able to adjust your approach depending on your audience. You know what questions to ask and what to look for when problems arise.
- You're a technical analyst at heart and have a knack for employee customer support and taking on technical challenges.
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects. Prioritizing, planning, and organizing are part of your DNA.
- You enjoy working with internal and external stakeholders, embracing the learning process, and keeping projects moving.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and clear vision.
- You love to share thoughts and ideas, knowing that two heads are always better than one.
- Finding simple solutions to complicated problems and explaining them to others comes as naturally to you as breathing.
- You highlight opportunities for automation, building out scripts that deliver complex workflows.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting to the Team Lead, IT Support Services – Endpoint, you’ll install, test, monitor, upgrade, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems and peripherals.
- You’ll assist users by solving technical and application problems, either on the phone, in person, or via remote access.
- You’ll promote feedback loops within the team, department, and organization to improve efficiency and remove non-value-adding tasks.
- You’ll support senior staff in the design, development, testing, and maintenance of a variety of automation scripts that address large initiatives.
- You’ll contribute to our internal communities of practice to share lessons learned.
- You’ll participate in the design and implementation of standards, tools, and methodologies.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in an appropriate field like Information Technology or Computer Science.
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- You have a working history for systems such as macOS, Microsoft Windows Operating System, O365, and Anti-virus solutions.
- You have an intermediate understanding of enterprise Endpoint and digital device deployments, experience with ServiceNow, Knowledge Management, Microsoft Intune, SCCM, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Group Policy, Jamf, ABM, Knox, and Power Shell Scripting, excellent communication, and coaching skills, customer relationship management experience, and experience with telephony and audio-visual technologies as well as printing services and print server management.
- Microsoft Certification, Project Management Professional, and Agile (Lean, Scrum, Kanban) would be an asset.
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services would be an asset.
- You have strong writing and presentation skills for both technical and business issues.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid Vacation and other paid time off including a Volunteer Day and Me-Day.