YOU LOVE BEING PART OF A team
WHERE EVERYONE counts.
Closing: Till Filled
Location: Bridgewater Bank, Hybrid
In school, you weren’t just good at math – you were an Iron Man-level mathlete! The thing you look forward to most about going out with friends for dinner is calculating how much everyone owes and how much to tip (of course, doing it all in your head). While everyone else is looking forward to spring, you’re celebrating tax season. Sound familiar? Then you might just be the person we’re looking for.
We’re looking for a top-notch accountant with a love of all things financial to join our finance team to support business leaders and stakeholders by providing actionable and reliable financial information and reports.
WHO IS BRIDGEWATER BANK?
Unlike a traditional bank, we have no branches. This means less time managing logistics and more time focussed on you and our ‘why’ – helping you succeed. Our focus is providing honest, straightforward service and financial solutions for everyday living and important life events.
We’re financial service experts with flexible mindsets. Being a smaller bank makes us nimble, and that means we can respond quickly with innovative approaches that don’t need to go through multiple levels of approvals.
Our customers are everything. When you become a customer of Bridgewater Bank you’re like our neighbour – even family – and we treat you that way.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You strongly believe there’s no such thing as an insignificant detail – you keep at it until every “i” is dotted and every “t” is crossed.
- You’re hyper-organized – there’s no clutter in your workspace or in your brain.
- You have the natural ability to reduce a complex concept or task into something that is manageable and clearly interpreted.
- You have an inquisitive mind and love coming up with new ways to tackle a challenge and dig deeper to find the perfect solution.
- Deadlines? No sweat. You’ve got mad time management skills, so you always deliver on time.
- You think that important stories are buried in numbers, and you want to be the one that finds them.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting.
- Assist with financial accounting and reporting activities for preparation of month end and year end financial statements and prepare account reconciliations.
- Complete and submit the regulatory returns to OSFI, Bank of Canada, CMHC within the monthly, quarterly, and annual timelines.
- Provide support to Treasury in execution and documentation of sale of securitized mortgages to 3rd party, REPO and other Derivative activities.
- Act as liaison for the banking and securitization systems (SWIX) for accounting process changes and issue resolution.
- Assist in research of accounting and regulatory issues on an ongoing basis especially changes affecting banking industry, IFRS standards and OSFI mandates.
- Assist with standardization and documentation of processes and internal controls.
- Assist with deposit classification and stratification for completion of CDIC returns.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in accounting.
- You have at least 4 years of professional accounting experience under your belt with a progressive level of responsibility.
- You currently hold or are in the final stages of obtaining your Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- You have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience working in the financial services sector would be an advantage.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.