EMPATHETIC, ETHICAL AND EXPERIENCED?
Closing: Until filled
Location: Edmonton, Kingsway
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you like doing something different every day? If so, you are just the person we have been waiting for. As a Property Claims Adjuster, no two days are alike with a mix of office work and field work. In this position, you’ll be responsible for investigating, evaluating and settling property insurance claims for both personal and commercial property, RVs and Farm equipment.
This position requires availability to travel within Southern Alberta with occasional evening and weekend work.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- Not only are you an ace problem solver, you’re pretty good at thinking fast on your feet.
- You understand the value of being a good listener – and when customers need an empathetic ear, you’re there for them.
- Prioritizing, planning and organizing comes as naturally to you as breathing.
- You’re a born organizer who’s a stickler for details, able to juggle multiple tasks with ease.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, talking to others is just a walk in the park.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Supervisor, Claims.
- Review and apply policy wordings to ensure coverage afforded is correct.
- Maintain workflow, production and performance expectations as established by Claims department management.
- Examine files handled by independent adjusters and provide instruction accordingly.
- Establish reserves once exposure has been determined and update as required within authority.
- Escalate issues when necessary to ensure matters are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Work collaboratively with members of property team and Claims department.
- Be available to assist with catastrophe claims handling when required. This may involve overtime and business travel.
- Identify potential fraud files and involve SIU as required.
- Drive the customer experience with thorough process explanations and expectations.
- Communicate regularly and effectively utilizing various methods to meet our insureds needs.
- Represent AMA positively and promote TYLF in all business interactions.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a high school diploma.
- You have minimum two years’ property claims adjusting experience.
- Bonus points if you are working towards or have completed your CIP/FCIP designation and/or have taken other Insurance courses.
- Preference will be given if you have XactAnalysis training.
- You demonstrate knowledge and understanding of claims handling.
- You have general knowledge of building construction and reconstruction practices.
- You understand property and casualty insurance business and have strong knowledge of legal principles and their application to the business of insurance.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.