YOU’RE A FUNDRAISING MASTER.
Position: Executive Director, AMA Community Foundation
Posted: May 4, 2023
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South
Work model: Hybrid eligible
As Executive Director, AMA Community Foundation, you will be the key driver building out the recent transformation to AMA’s vehicle for philanthropic impact. You buy into the vision of having one of Canada’s most trusted brands mobilize community support in the tradition of Albertans helping Albertans. You’ll leverage your fundraising and charitable sector business expertise to build out the new face of the Foundation in alignment with our Corporate Purpose; developing strategies, administrative practices and identifying external partners that will protect and deliver on our new charitable objects. You will collaborate with staff at all levels to develop, implement and measure successful campaigns under our Corporate Responsibility pillars, building on the successful legacy of AMA’s many traffic safety initiatives and Fill Our Fleet campaigns. You’ll also be responsible for managing our new food security program initiative, launching later this year.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You know the ins and outs of the Canadian philanthropic sector, have a CRA contact on speed dial, and are fluent in fundraising legislation.
- You are a leader who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and be a contributing member of a team
- You are passionate about the potential in AMA’s Community Foundation, and are brimming with ideas
- You have the confidence and knowledge to translate vision into reality
- You not only understand AMA’s “Why,” you live it—staying true to our shared values and supporting purpose-driven work that makes a difference.
- You love building relationships and view finding the right way to ask someone for money a creative challenge
- You enjoy program and project management, finding satisfaction in delivering impact through organization and detail
- You have a respect for those working in the charitable sector, and are invested in finding AMA’s lane in this work with a deference to the expertise of frontline agencies in the not-for-profit world
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the VP, Corporate Purpose
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Foundation
- Develops and implements strategies to build out AMA’s Community Foundation
- Responsible for ensuring VP and Board leaders are kept up to date about activities and status of the AMA Community Foundation, partnerships and campaigns
- Meet and exceed annual KPI’s including raising funds to grow Foundation after first year
- Collaborate with other business units and teams to deliver award-winning campaigns
- Manage AMA’s fundraising campaigns under the Foundation’s umbrella, working closely with Communications and Community Engagement team members
- Help shape our employee giving platform and build it out for public campaigns
- Monitor trends in philanthropy and share with the Community Engagement team, developing internal capacity
- Building and delivering a new corporate responsibility program to improve food security in Alberta
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously, and proactively manage the success of production scope, schedules, and budget management.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Experience in building out or managing a provincial scale foundation
- You have significant (at least 8-10 years) of not-for-profit leadership and fundraising experience
- You have post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- You have demonstrated ability to meet financial targets and forge fruitful external relationships
- You have at least 6-8 years of supervisory experience
- You have a strong, province-wide network
- Demonstrates outstanding personal mastery and collaborates well in teams
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid pension plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid volunteer and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.