PART PROBLEM SOLVER. PART MECHANIC.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton Service Centre
Our AMA brand is important to us, and we set the bar for the towing industry. One in three Albertans are an AMA member and count on us to keep them safe.
AMA leads the towing industry in compensation, providing a competitive base salary and an achievable performance incentive program with earning potential up to $28.50 / hour. In addition, we offer an amazing career with paid comprehensive training, employer paid benefit plan, company provided safety apparel, and safety that repeatedly surpasses the industry standards.
AMA uses the best towing equipment available and provides a first-class member experience.
Becoming an AMA Service Vehicle Operator is a prospective career change option into the dynamic towing industry, no prior tow experience is required.
We are immediately hiring for permanent full-time, part-time, and auxiliary (casual) positions for our Edmonton Service Centre:
Successful candidates will be trained on standard tow truck operation and required to work rotational 8-hour shifts, as per scheduled days (including weekends & holidays), between the hours of 6:00am and 12:00am. Plus, the opportunity to work additional hours and earn overtime is also available.
You’re one of those amazing people who goes out of their way to help others. Helping a young mother with a baby stroller up the stairs or carrying groceries inside for an elderly person is just all in a typical day for you. You’re like an everyday superhero (only without the weird cape). We could use someone with your superpowers and passion for helping others. You don’t have to be mechanic or have any other special skills—but with your willingness to learn, we’ll provide you with all the training you’ll need on state-of-the-art technology and equipment, to be confident in your role.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You love the idea of being able to help people and make a difference in their day — even in a challenging situation.
- You have an interest in the automotive industry and enjoy working with your hands. You also don’t mind getting them dirty doing a bit of lifting.
- You know how to think quickly on your feet — for you, there’s nothing more satisfying than solving puzzles and finding creative solutions.
- You're not a 9-to-5 desk job type of person. You want variety and a job that offers something different each day.
- You work well on your own, but you also enjoy being part of a team.
- You care about doing things right — you proudly showcase your safety-first attitude in everything you do.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the Fleet Supervisor.
- Work rotational shift work (including weekdays, evenings, weekends & statutory holidays).
- Actively work outdoors in all weather conditions - sometimes in a single day!
- Cover extended areas of the city to respond to our members when they need service, minor mechanical assistance, or towing.
- Ensure that AMA vehicles, communication equipment, and tools are kept clean, orderly, and in good working condition.
- Promote AMA memberships and provide general information about AMA to our members.
- Stay up to date on your knowledge of our communications and operating equipment.
- Make sure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used and worn at all times.
- Keep yourself and everyone else safe by ensuring all engineered controls, safe work procedures/ policies, environmental issues, rules and work practices are followed as outlined in the Service Vehicle Operator handbook.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Have a high school diploma, or relatable experience.
- You hold a valid Class 5 or GDL driver’s license with fewer than six demerit points at any one time, and consider yourself comfortable operating a full-size pick up truck (you'll get bonus points if you have a good grasp of city routes).
- You’re a person with a genuine passion for helping your fellow Albertans.
- The ability to thrive while working and being outdoors, in all of our seasons!
- You are able to pass a Police Information Check to be licensed for Automotive Lock Bypass.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Four weeks of fulltime paid training to become a Service Vehicle Operator by one of our AMA experts.
- Competitive base salary and an achievable performance incentive program that totals up to $28.50 / Hour.
- Employer paid flexible benefit plan for you and your family, starting your first day (Full-Time).
- $1,000 in annual flex credits which can be put towards a TFSA, a health care spending account and more!
- A generous annual allowance for work apparel, safety footwear and AMA uniforms totaling $850.00 / year (Full-Time).
- A shift schedule that is given three-months in advance with no overnight, or split shifts. Overtime opportunities are available as well.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited growth, leadership, and paid learning opportunities.
- Three weeks paid vacation time (Full-Time).
- Employer funded Pension Plan (Full-Time).
- Paid Vacation and other paid time off including a Volunteer Day and Me-Day (Full-Time & Part-Time).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.