YOU think OF YOURSELF AS A safety AND driving GURU
Closing: Until Filled
Driver Examiners are responsible for independently and objectively assessing members of the public to determine driver’s licensing. Driver Examiners must have excellent time management and organizational skills, exercise superior judgment skills and treat everyone fairly and with respect.
Those selected will be engaged to provide services to AMA as an independent contractor on a fee for service basis. This opportunity will provide you flexibility and control over how much and when you want to work!
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re passionate about traffic safety and creating a supportive environment so others can achieve their best.
- You are an exceptional communicator with top notch interpersonal skills with a strong focus and knowledge of road-testing procedures and regulations.
- Keeping your community safe is priority one with you.
- One of the favorite parts of your job is being able to share your knowledge and experience to help others grow and excel.
- You are aligned with AMA’s culture and bring a passion for serving our members and customers.
- You like the flexibility of working as an independent contractor and being the “CEO” of your own company.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Driver Examiner Operations.
- You’ll conduct class 4, 5 (Basic and Advanced) and/or 6 road tests according to Alberta Transportation standards and determine the knowledge and ability of drivers to safely operate passenger vehicles.
- You’ll provide exceptional customer service.
- You’ll ensure the fair, respectful and proper conduct of examinations in an environment that enables candidates to perform at their best.
- You’ll provide examination results and constructive feedback, as prescribed by Alberta Transportation.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You hold a valid driver examiner licence from Alberta Transportation.
- You boast a clean 5-year Driver’s Abstract showing no criminal convictions or suspensions, and a satisfactory driving record with less than 7 demerit points.
- You hold a valid Class 1, 2, 3 or 4 Alberta Operator’s License.
- You have at least 5 years of driving experience as the holder of a Class 4 or 5 driver’s licence, depending on the class of licence you intend to test.
- Your driver’s licence has never been cancelled or suspended due to a Traffic Safety Act or Criminal Code (Canada).
- You have a grade 12 education, equivalent or higher.
- You’ve got the ability to make decisions independently in challenging customer situations.
- You’ve got the ability to work in variable working conditions (weather, customer vehicles, etc.).
- You’ve got top notch communication skills.
- Your able to take stressful situations all in stride.
- You know the rules of the road like the back of your hand.
- You have Intermediate-level computer skills in Microsoft Office.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.