YOU’RE READY TO kick THINGS INTO HIGH GEAR & DRIVE OUR BUSINESS forward.
Open: March 6, 2023
Closed: Untll Filled
Location: Edmonton ,Kingsway
When it comes to leading a team, you’re definitely the whole package — team player, supportive coach and always the enthusiastic cheerleader. You know how to get things done and how to motivate your staff to help you do it (And of course, you’re more than willing to roll up your own sleeves to help whenever necessary.) As a Senior Manager, Driver Education, you will be responsible for coordinating and leading the day-to-day execution of the Driver Education Operations and play a pivotal role in building safe drivers for life.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a purpose-driven leader, ready to help build safe drivers for life, and excited to share in a key life moment for our members. Remember the thrill of getting your license and the independence it brought? You’ll get to experience that every day.
- You love collaborating and get the big picture. You can help communicate a vision with clarity and purpose, to help motivate others.
- You’re a spirited leader who knows how to motivate your team to get results.
- You're a visionary and forward thinker who loves a challenge.
- You’re part diplomat, part negotiator and part facilitator — and you know how to make success out of countless different circumstances.
- You’re both a right- and left-brained thinker. Your innovative side is balanced by your quantitative analytical abilities.
- You have a love for learning and education — not just for others, but also for yourself.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a dynamic and diverse province-wide team of employees and contract instructors.
- Help represent the Driver Education team to external stakeholders, including, our government partners.
- Ensure the Driver Education administration and instructor teams are supported, clear on our shared vision, focused on their role in that vision and delivering results.
- Communicate, coordinate and lead the day-to-day execution of the Driver Education operations.
- Support strategic planning including assignment of duties and delegation of responsibilities.
- Assess, report on, and develop mitigating strategies to minimize the risk to the department and the association.
- Give counsel on the development and implementation of new products, services and business development opportunities.
- Ensure that the department is operationally functional and efficient.
- Responsible for the service levels provided by the team.
- Communication with external vendors and clients
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a university degree or post-secondary diploma in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of related management/leadership experience.
- You ideally have knowledge of Driver Education programs and the regulatory requirements of driver training
- You have strong business acumen and organizational assessment abilities.
- You have strong planning, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand and address underlying problems.
- You have the ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.