YOU LOVE BEING PART OF A team
WHERE EVERYONE counts.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South (Hybrid)
Please note this is a temporary 13-month fixed term role.
In school, you weren’t just good at math – you were an Iron Man-level mathlete! The thing you look forward to most about going out with friends for dinner is calculating how much everyone owes and how much to tip (of course, doing it all in your head). While everyone else is looking forward to spring, you’re celebrating tax season. Sound familiar? Then you might just be the person we’re looking for.
We’re looking for a top-notch accountant with a love of all things financial to join our finance team to support business leaders and stakeholders by providing actionable and reliable financial information and reports.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You strongly believe there’s no such thing as an insignificant detail – you keep at it until every “i” is dotted and every “t” is crossed.
- You’re hyper-organized – there’s no clutter in your workspace or in your brain.
- You have the natural ability to reduce a complex concept or task into something that is manageable and clearly interpreted.
- You have an inquisitive mind and love coming up with new ways to tackle a challenge and dig deeper to find the perfect solution.
- Deadlines? No sweat. You’ve got mad time management skills, so you always deliver on time.
- You think that important stories are buried in numbers and you want to be the one that finds them.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, you’ll prepare financial statements and reports, as well as examine accounting records.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs and revenues to estimate future outcome.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for large volume bank accounts.
- Compile general ledger account analysis and reconciliations.
- Review revenue and expenditures, including variance analysis, costing, cash flow, etc.
- Verify, analyze, and cross reference financial data, statements and reports as required.
- Take initiative to identify and suggest improvements to job related processes, workflows and procedures.
- Prepare financial projections and business plans.
- Participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets.
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree in accounting.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is required.
- You have at least 4 years of professional accounting experience under your belt with a progressive level of responsibility.
- You have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have the ability to work effectively with business leaders, stakeholders, peers and cross functional teams
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Vacation pay is added to each paycheque.
- Benefits if you choose to receive them (with payroll deductions).
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.