YOU LOVE BEING PART OF A team
WHERE EVERYONE counts.
Closing: Till Filled
Location: Edmonton South (Hybrid)
Please note this is a temporary 19- month fixed term role.
In school, you weren’t just good at math – you were an Iron Man-level mathlete! The thing you look forward to most about going out with friends for dinner is calculating how much everyone owes and how much to tip (of course, doing it all in your head). While everyone else is looking forward to spring, you’re celebrating tax season. Sound familiar? Then you might just be the person we’re looking for.
We’re looking for a top-notch accountant with a love of all things financial to join our finance team to support business leaders and stakeholders by providing actionable and reliable financial information and reports.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You strongly believe there’s no such thing as an insignificant detail – you keep at it until every “i” is dotted and every “t” is crossed.
- You’re hyper-organized – there’s no clutter in your workspace or in your brain.
- You have the natural ability to reduce a complex concept or task into something that is manageable and clearly interpreted.
- You have an inquisitive mind and love coming up with new ways to tackle a challenge and dig deeper to find the perfect solution.
- Deadlines? No sweat. You’ve got mad time management skills, so you always deliver on time.
- You think that important stories are buried in numbers, and you want to be the one that finds them.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reporting to the Finance Supervisor, you’ll prepare accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports in a timely manner.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs and revenues to estimate future outcome.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for large volume bank accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of cash forecasts.
- Compile general ledger account analysis and reconciliations.
- Verify, analyze and cross reference financial data, statements and reports as required.
- Take initiative to identify and suggest improvements to job related processes, workflows and procedures.
- Provide financial, business and tax advice.
- Participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets.
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in accounting.
- You have at least 4 years of professional accounting experience under your belt with a progressive level of responsibility.
- Direct experience reconciling large and complex bank accounts.
- Experience with cashflow forecasting.
- You have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Preference for candidates who are in the process of pursuing a CPA designation.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.