SOME PEOPLE CALL YOU A WALKING TRAVEL GUIDEBOOK.
Closing: When Filled
Location: AMA - Edmonton South
You’re a natural at connecting travelers with the world. You love researching product, buying patterns, sourcing, development, proposals and administering travel products. Seriously, you thrive on crafting a sweet deal for our members and you’re proud to say you found them. You will maintain supplier relationships and ensure our sales keep on growing! You’re one of those naturally warm and friendly people who finds opportunities to explore everywhere you turn.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a forward thinking, flexible team player who thrives on change and a fast pace.
- You know the only way to strike amazing deals is to network, negotiate and build long-lasting relationships.
- You’re a natural problem solver.
- You’re an excellent communicator and are confident with your public speaking skills.
- You love collaboration and work to share findings across different teams.
- Sales is in your blood! You love targets and you build plans to achieve them.
- You’re a born organizer and a stickler for details.
- You’re self-driven.
- You love finding efficiencies and process improvements.
- You’re looking for opportunities to grow your career and advance into a leadership role.
- You juggle multiple tasks effortlessly and you always manage to stay ahead of things, even with tight deadlines.
- Integrity and a strong work ethic? You’ve got ‘em in spades!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Product Marketing Manager, Member Services.
- Document travel buying patterns, travel lifecycles and travel personas across all relevant travel products, suppliers, styles, themes, customer types and destinations.
- Provide front-line agent support and administrative functions.
- Clarify the detailed value proposition and explanation of why a customer should travel to or try the featured destination, travel style, supplier, or product.
- Assess and identify the best timing to have offers in market to sell it, the best time to travel and which targeted demographic it will be most appealing to and provide supporting rationale.
- Propose valuable and relevant travel products and offers to support marketing initiatives across all channels.
- Negotiate with suppliers to create exclusive and valuable offers and pricing.
- Identify group market segments and products for escorted and non-escorted travel.
- Build and maintain effective business relationships that foster collaboration and innovation.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a minimum of 3 years of sales experience working in a retail travel environment or working with a travel supplier in a sales role.
- You have specialized in Cruise, Tour and Luxury Travel across multiple suppliers and destinations.
- Bonus points if you have post-secondary education in Travel.
- Bonus points if you have managed people or teams.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.