PART PROBLEM solver. PART MECHANIC.
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton North
Was your favourite toy as a kid a tow truck? Did you love nothing more than taking it apart just to put it back together again? We could use someone with your mechanical skills and passion for resolving problems to join our Automotive Technical Service team as a Fabrication Specialist. The ultimate goal of this position is to ensure that our Roadside Assistance (RSA) fleet vehicles are repaired and maintained in a manner that enables AMA fleet to deliver prompt, safe and reliable roadside assistance services to our members, as well as delivering new vehicles to the end user to provide towing services to members and customers.
Located out of our North Edmonton Shop, this role (under the guidance of journeyman) will be responsible for ensuring that the department standards for vehicle/equipment repair, maintenance and equipment mounting are followed at all times.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You work well on your own, but you also enjoy being part of a team.
- You crave variety and want a job that’ll offer you something different every day.
- You know how to get things done and get results.
- You can multi-task like nobody’s business without missing a beat or a single detail.
- Your family and friends call you Mr. (or Mrs.) Fix It (your catch phrase is “safety first.”). There’s nothing you haven’t been able to fix and make work.
- You excel under pressure – in fact, you pride yourself on staying cool and calm even in the midst of chaos.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Service Facilities.
- Following safe work practices, complete Fleet vehicle build/assembly process by mounting ordered towing equipment onto cab and chassis’ units along with specified accessories.
- Deliver vehicles to the Edmonton and Calgary Fleets as well as external customers.
- Ordering parts and supplies related to the Fabrication process.
- Follow the developed processes and practices of the Center to efficiently complete maintenance and repair procedures, update necessary maintenance tracking documents
- Complete fleet maintenance process as outlined on the inspection sheets, identify and repair vehicle/equipment deficiencies
- Collaborates with Fabrication Specialists, vehicle Manufacturer Body Builder and Dealership technical experts, along with equipment/accessory technical experts; to enable them to repair and maintain the components and the equipment as they were designed; to keep all the systems operating.
- Work with transport drivers and crane operators to offload equipment shipments to selected locations at the Edmonton Service Centre.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a high school diploma and perhaps relevant work experience.
- You have a valid Alberta Apprentice, or Journeyman Trade Certificate (i.e. Automotive Technician, Heavy Duty Technician, Welder, Auto Body Technician, or Millwright).
- You have a Forklift Operator Certificate, Overhead Crane Operator certificate
- You have a valid, clean Class 5 driver’s license.
- You have a First Aid training certificate, or are willing to get.
- You have knowledge in equipment training and operating procedures.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Position available on a temporary 12-month basis, with possibility of extension.
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits if you choose to receive them (With payroll deductions).
- Vacation pay is added to each pay cheque.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.