QUALITY IS YOUR highest PRIORITY
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South (Hybrid)
You’re a geek — and proud of it. You love working with computers, playing with computers and there are simply no words to describe your deep love for technology. You can’t visit a website without dissecting it to figure out how it works and how it could be better for the end user. We could use a passionate techy like you! As a Quality Assurance Analyst for our IT Digital Member Experience Development team, your primary responsibility is to develop and execute consistent quality assurance standards and practice and participate in application quality assurance activities. This includes writing quality assurance and test plans, developing and improving test frameworks for both manual and automated test scripts, coordinating testing activities, tracking system defects and recommending solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You're visually oriented and have a keen eye for detail — it's a thing of beauty to watch you work.
- You have a rock-solid reputation as a creative problem solver — nothing slows you down for long.
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects. Prioritizing, planning and organizing are part of your DNA, and you handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and clear vision.
- You're 'web-savvy' and up to date with quality assurance and testing trends, tools and methods.
- You tackle every project with anticipation and excitement — no matter how big or how small.
- You ‘get’ what it means to be part of the team and enjoy working in a collaborative, open-office environment.
- The words “that will do” aren’t in your vocabulary. You always strive to find the best, most innovative solution.
- You don’t sit around waiting to be told what to do. You know what needs to be done and you do it.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and a clear vision.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting to the Agile Team Lead, Development.
- Support the quality assurance and testing for the external-facing AMA websites, mobile app and all other internal applications.
- Assist in establishing and documenting overall application testing strategies and plans
- Contribute, prepare and maintain quality test plans and documentation to ensure efficient quality assurance processes
- Develop formal test cases to cover the necessary scope of applications being tested, creating reusable test assets for both manual and automated test scripts
- Review appropriate documentation to determine if the system will perform according to user requests and conform to guidelines
- Work with team to recommend and implement testing program improvements or corrections
- Analyze existing test/quality processes to improve business performance and maximize the effectiveness of available technology
- Monitor system performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation
- Lead / conduct testing and ensure defects encountered during testing are logged and tracked and appropriate action is taken
- Provide testing status and updates in a timely basis
- Seeking to build in security assessment at the testing stage
- Investigating new products, tools and technology, with a goal towards adding value to the business.
- Write automated test scripts and organize scripts into coherent processes
- Research and resolve the problems encountered in running test scripts or cycle processing
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a university degree or technical school diploma in a related technical field such as Information Technology or Computer Science. Have a degree in something else? Tell us about it and how you can use it in this role.
- You have at least 3 years of application quality assurance and testing experience.
- A background in establishing testing framework and developing test cases for medium to large-scale projects.
- Exposure to a variety of quality assurance methods and tools including automated test tools such as Selenium and Postman as well as test and defect management tools
- Knowledge of project lifecycle (SDLC) phases and activities, familiar with agile development processes.
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps for manual and automated testing will be an asset.
- Working experience in business requirement gathering and analysis will be an asset.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid defined Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
- Free parking.
- Available rotational work from home options.
- Friendly smiles from all levels of the organization. 😊
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.