YOU LOVE BEING PART OF A team WHERE EVERYONE counts.
Closing: Till Filled
Location: Edmonton South (Hybrid)
*Please note, this is a 12-month contract position with the possibility of extension. *
Some people dread the thought of paying bills or balancing their cheque book. Not you. Heck, you’re not even afraid to admit that you get a bit of a thrill from balancing the books. You’re in your element when solving problems and thinking about the big picture, but you also pay close attention to the details. And we like that about you.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a self-starter who enjoys working independently but who also loves being part of a fast-paced and dynamic team.
- You’re all about customer service, whether you’re dealing with internal or external clients.
- You’ve got integrity and a strong work ethic in spades!
- You’re like an accounting action hero - saving the day with your extreme accounting skills to get things done and get results!
- You’ve been nicknamed “eagle eyes” - your attention to detail is that impressive.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Join a team of skilled Technicians reporting to the Finance Supervisor.
- Record and process accurate and complete financial and operational data and reports within established timeframes.
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, cheques, invoices, and cheque requisitions in a ledger or computer system.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger and sub-ledger accounts.
- Provide service to members, internal staff, vendors and management.
- Develop, produce, and maintain ad hoc and custom reports, as required.
- Keep records organized and accurate.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have or are close to having a post-secondary degree in accounting or business.
- You have a minimum of two years of accounting experience.
- You have a demonstrated ability to adapt to new systems, working knowledge of related computerized accounting systems, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (you’ve got gold-medal Excel skills).
- You have keen attention to detail.
- You have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You're a quick learner with a strong work ethic.
- You have effective time management skills and are able to meet deadlines while delivering accurate results.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Vacation pay is added to each paycheque.
- Benefits if you choose to receive them (with payroll deductions).
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.