YOU KNOW HOW TO BE flexible
YOU KNOW HOW TO BE agile
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South (Hybrid)
** NOTE: This is a 12-18 month temporary role **
The Alberta Motor Association (AMA) is on the lookout for a passionate, resourceful individual who is a great communicator, negotiator, and facilitator. You will be a part of the agile delivery team, responsible for gathering requirements from stakeholders, refining vision into clear functional requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria, rationalizing, planning, prioritizing and monitoring the acceptability of stories in a timely manner using the AMA Agile Framework and tools.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a spirited team player who excels in a fast-paced environment and thrives on challenge.
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects. Prioritizing, planning and organizing is part of your DNA.
- You strongly believe there’s no such thing as an insignificant detail — you keep at it until every ‘i’ is dotted and every ‘t’ is crossed.
- You have the natural ability to reduce a complex concept or task into something that is manageable and can be clearly understood, communicated and delivered on.
- You have an inquisitive mind and love coming up with new ways to tackle a challenge and digging deeper to find the perfect solution to increase value for your customers.
- You never sweat deadlines — you’ve got mad time management skills, so you always deliver on time.
- You work well on your own but also enjoy being part of a team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the Team Lead, Product Owners.
- Develop relationships with Business partners to understand their business and provide recommendations and enhancements to solve their strategic and operational needs.
- Plan and prioritize stories within a sprint plan.
- Participate in daily standup meetings to resolve issues, addresses changes and get updates on progress.
- Work with scrum team members to ensure the sprint produces a functional package to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with third party software providers on system enhancements and releases to support value growth and increased operational efficiencies.
- Communicate with other agile team members to resolve any issues before escalating to the Product Manager.
- Break down business strategies into features and user stories to support value delivery.
- Provide and analyze data for the Product Manager to make informed decisions, mitigate risks, or take other actions. Evaluate a problem/opportunity from both a business and consumer perspective to determine the best resolution approach.
- Gather business/user requirements to support the functional or business solution by conducting interviews, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process description, document analysis, uses cases, tasks, and workflow analysis.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Previous Product Owner experience is not required; however we are looking for someone with experience working with interdepartmental teams and projects.
- You can demonstrate an ability to work across silos and move projects forward to completion.
- Your experience demonstrates skills in execution, collaboration, continuous learning, and systems thinking.
- You may have experience as a systems analyst, business analyst, or a similar business role. This role is open to people from a variety of backgrounds.
- It is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to enter the world of product ownership without direct experience.
- Agile & Scrum knowledge is considered an asset.
- Relevant post-secondary training is considered an asset.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Temporary role, with possibilty of extension.
- Benefits if you choose to receive them (With payroll deductions).
- Vacation pay is added to each paycheque.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Friendly smiles from all levels of the organization. 😊
* * * TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE * * *
- Tell us your story, your way! Share the story of who you are using ANY medium (2-3 minute video, written cover letter, visual collage, presentation, etc). In addition to telling us about yourself, here’s some questions to get you started:
- Who’s the most influential person in your life?
- How do you build trust within your working groups?
- How do you find a way to get things done?
- Add your story to the cover letter area.
- For video: a simple 2-3 minute video shot on your smartphone will do! Upload it to YouTube (or website of your choice) and mark the video as ’unlisted’ so only people with the link can watch it and it will not be public.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.