YOU never MET A PROBLEM
YOU COULDN’T solve
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South
In fact, you don’t know if you’ve ever met a problem, because you only see opportunity. You’re passionate about turning ideas into real applications. You’re always on the hunt for solutions than can help people work smarter and not just faster. You have a knack for data and details, without losing sight of the big picture. You’ve got the skills to coordinate a large, complex ERP project from start to finish, working well with a broad group of people and communicating clearly every step of the way. You understand the importance of building strong teams and will mentor and coach the project team to ensure a successful project outcome.
**Please note this is a 12-24 month contract position. **
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re kind of obsessed with finding simple solutions to complicated problems and you love explaining them to help others see the possibilities too.
- When guiding the project team to document processes, work-flows and test scripts, you know the value of words and pictures and the importance of making sure everyone understands – even the technically challenged people on the team.
- Your curiosity kicks into high gear when you talk to clients and end users because you’ve got to fully understand the business problem they are trying to solve before you can offer solutions.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience with the team and helping them to achieve their objectives.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and clear vision.
- You’re analytical, seek clarity, take ownership of the process and strive to understand the impact of your decisions.
- You enjoy being the facilitator – the glue between people that use a system, the project team, the technical team, the steering committee and the system implementor.
- You love to share thoughts and ideas. After all, you know that two heads are always better than one and you understand the real value of teamwork.
- You can successfully navigate cultures and competing priorities in a complex organization at both the senior and operational level, ensuring alignments and driving towards the desired outcome.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the ERP Project Steering Committee through the Project Sponsor.
- Work with the implementation partners Project Manager to effectively manage the ERP implementation's project plan, while adhering to scope and budget.
- Manage the ERP project risks and escalate issues to the project steering committee as required.
- Work with the internal Finance and Technical Project Leads, to coach, mentor, motivate and manage the project teams and direct project activities.
- Prepare status reports, manage project documentation and scheduling.
- Work with the project's change management lead to execute on the organizational change management plan.
- Work closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders to ensure interdependencies are identified early and managed successfully.
- Ensure the ERP solution is developed, tested and implemented in a well-controlled environment.
- Conduct regular analysis to identify opportunities and develop strategies to improve project performance on key KPIs.
- Coordinate technical and user testing and design appropriate measures to report on success and user acceptance of technical implementations.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a relevant University Degree/ Diploma with a minimum of 5 years' project management experience with the majority of that experience implementing full-cycle ERP solutions as a project manager with teams of 10-15 members and multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Your project management skills are impeccable at every stage – planning, analysis, problem solving and communication.
- You’re a diplomatic, collaborative negotiator with excellent facilitation skills.
- You’re no newbie – you have experience in managing large, complex ERP implementations focused on finance and supply chain requirements.
- Project management designations an asset: PMP, PMI-ACP.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.