YOU’VE got THE science OF numbers DOWN TO AN art.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton Admin
*Please note, this is a 14-month contract position with the possibility of extension. *
It’s not just that you have a knack for working with numbers — it’s much more than that. The way you analyze and evaluate data is truly a thing of beauty. The best part is, you’re so passionate about it that most of the time, it doesn’t even feel like work! But you’re so much more than just a numbers person. Your ability to be detail oriented along with your demonstrated analytical skills make you a perfect fit. You’re also great at researching and evaluating issues and reporting on their impact to the organization. Seriously, when it comes to finance, you’re the complete package – and we like that about you!
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a problem solver with an inquisitive, analytical mind. You think that important stories are buried in the numbers, and you want to be the one that brings them to life.
- You enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes with getting things done and the variety that new and exciting projects offer.
- You love coming up with new ways to tackle a challenge and finding better ways of doing things.
- You’re eager to use your financial knowledge, strong analytical mind and problem-solving skills to contribute to the organization.
- You enjoy being in the middle – the glue between the people that use a system and the technical team that builds it.
- You love to share thoughts and ideas – after all, you know that two heads are always better than one and you understand the real value of teamwork.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Controller as a member of the Finance team.
- Develop, produce and maintain financial statements and custom and ad hoc reports.
- Provide insights and value to internal customers by analyzing complex data, identifying trends and creating forecasting models.
- Identify opportunities for financial process optimization and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Support Finance and strategic projects and ensure these are effectively delivered.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Prepare reports and recommendations for senior management.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree in accounting or business.
- You have an accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA).
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a finance/accounting role, with increased level of responsibility.
- You have solid accounting/finance experience and knowledge.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Vacation pay is added to each paycheque.
- Benefits if you choose to receive them (with payroll deductions).
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.