GROUP BENEFITS & PENSION PLANS: YOU’RE working IN your
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South
When you overhear someone talking about employee benefit and retirement programs, do your ears perk up? Do you naturally see the link between employee programs and people they benefit? We are looking for a Group Benefits and Pension Advisor who thrives on challenge and enjoys being involved in many different things at once. You’re someone who rolls up their sleeves and truly cares about making a difference for people – after all, at AMA, we’re practically family. We take pride our total rewards package and we’re looking for someone to make sure it continues to be great! If this sounds like you, we want to talk to you about this opportunity.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a professional who has exposure to group benefits plans, retirement savings plans, and/or HR and/or payroll processes (for example: Group Benefits Associate, Retirement Professional Associate, CEBS, CPHR, PCP, or CPM). Those pursuing their professional designation will also be considered.
- You’re a great communicator who is self-motivated, politically astute, hard-working, ethical, and always takes responsibility for your own actions.
- You have an inquisitive mind and are a pragmatic thinker. You tackle problems head on, make solid decisions and know when it’s appropriate to invite others in to collaborate on a situation.
- You work best in a culture where employees are treated like members of the family…because it makes sense.
- You’re a natural at building great relationships and providing savvy advice and value-added recommendations.
- You manage projects like a pro! You can organize, prioritize, and manage competing priorities, all while ensuing business needs are met.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Total Rewards.
- Be the key point of contact for AMA’s benefit and pension programs and responsible for the overall administration of these programs.
- Coordinate the implementation of program renewals and changes, including reviewing contracts for accuracy and inclusion of appropriate terms and conditions.
- Develop, produce, and validate reports for internal and external use.
- Work with our communications and creative teams to continually enhance, expand, coordinate, and bundle our internal and external communications materials.
- Develop and facilitate a series of information sessions/presentations that aim to educate and inform employees.
- Work closely with HR Business Analysts and IT to become familiar with the HRIS opportunities and limitations, leading the enhancement of the enrollment and re-enrollment process.
- Interact with employees, members of the AMA management team, external consultants, and partners.
- Compile, analyze and organize data into meaningful metrics for the HR Leadership team.
- Respond to employee inquiries on various programs in a timely manner and escalate when necessary.
- Opportunity to act as a key contributor to the successful implementation of a new HCM system (Workday).
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have post-secondary education or a professional designation in a relevant field (e.g., CEBS, human resources, payroll, commerce, etc.). Applicants who are currently pursuing their professional designation will be considered.
- You have 3-5 years’ progressive experience in benefits and pension administration including advising employees on benefit and pension programs, presenting plan features, and leading the promotion of the plan.
- You have experience in analysis and problem solving, program delivery, employee interaction development and leadership interaction development.
- Workday HCM system experience would be an asset.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and volunteer and personal floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.