YOU KNOW HOW TO PUT super IN SUPERVISOR
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton Admin
*Please note, this is a 14-month contract position with the possibility of extension. *
You’re one of those rare people who know how to tap into the strengths of both the left and right sides of your brain. On the one hand, you’re an accounting professional -- a hardcore number cruncher. On the flip side, you’ve got a knack for getting people to listen to you and inspiring them to do great work. As a Supervisor, Finance, you’ll be responsible for the application of accounting principles and techniques to obtain, assemble, evaluate, analyze and interpret financial and non-financial data while providing supervision to a team of accounting staff to ensure accurate, efficient and timely delivery of results.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re driven by a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You’re not one to make snap judgments - you look at an issue from all angles before making a decision.
- No one has to light a fire under you. Not only are you always ready to take the initiative, you’re adept at managing multiple tasks and deadlines successfully.
- Your excellent communication skills make it easy for you to connect with and influence others.
- You’re a strong leader who enjoys managing people and managing work.
- You enjoy staying on top of the latest accounting systems and adapt easily to new systems.
- Deadlines? No sweat. You’ve got mad time management skills, so you always deliver on time.
- You’re eager to use your financial knowledge, strong analytical mind and problem-solving skills to contribute to the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Finance.
- Lead and supervise a team of accounting staff and ensure accurate, efficient, and timely delivery of results.
- Coordinate and prepare timely, accurate monthly financial statements, plus other related management information reports and analysis.
- Develop, produce and maintain managerial reporting and account reconciliations.
- Perform necessary variance and other accounting analysis to identify and resolve any discrepancies or gaps.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- Ensure our current financial systems are working effectively, accurately and efficiently.
- Organize financial data into use-able information and maintain updated records.
- Ensure all of our financial information is compliant with IFRS and corporate policies/procedures.
- Assist in goals setting and performance improvements that align with our overall strategic plan for finance staff.
- Address financial issues and inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Provide internal and external auditing recommendations and controls.
- Develop best practices to enhance operational performance and productivity.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- You’re an accounting professional and have a CPA designation.
- You have at least 5 years of progressive accounting experience, bonus if you have previous leadership experience too.
- You’ve worked in jobs where meticulous organization, prioritizing and planning have been vital to success.
- Your experience includes thinking strategically to solve problems and improve processes.
- You have an intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Vacation pay is added to each paycheque.
- Benefits if you choose to receive them (with payroll deductions).
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.