YOUR PASSION IS PEOPLE !
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton (Southside)
** NOTE: This is a 16-18 month Temporary role **
Are you an HR professional who is naturally motivated and cares about all things people?
Are you compassionate, curious and solution driven to bring out the best in people and the work they do?
Do you consider yourself a coach and thrive on building meaningful relationships to make a difference?
In this dynamic role, you will be providing personalized service and partnership to multiple business areas and Industries to proactively identify opportunities, provide solid recommendations and effective solutions to achieve business needs, talent management, employee development and to enhance the overall engagement and experience of our teams.
The ideal candidate will model AMA values and culture to ensure a high level of service and support to our people by bringing business acumen, analytical and predictive thinking, tenacity to navigate through ambiguity and change, and a consultative approach to partnering with client groups and providing recommendations on sensitive employee relations.
If this sounds like you, we want to talk to you about this opportunity!
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a human resources professional who excels when involved in dynamic and complex employee relations, performance development and management.
- You’re a positive solutionist – always seeking the best outcome possible.
- Your open minded and politically astute, diplomatic, collaborative and a good facilitator.
- You love to listen and seek to understand, making you an excellent communicator
- You are a multi-tasker, organized and can handle competing priorities.
- You are a go-getter, proactive and have a go-above-and-beyond attitude.
- You have a strategic outlook to support the goals of the HR department and of the business areas.
- You’re self-motivated, ethical, and always takes responsibility for your own actions.
- You are highly collaborative, and enjoy building rapport and strengthening relationships.
- You have an inquisitive mind and are a pragmatic thinker. You tackle problems head on, make solid decisions and know when it’s appropriate to invite others in to collaborate on a situation.
- You work best in a culture where employees are treated like members of the family…because it makes sense.
- You’re a natural at building great relationships and providing savvy advice and value-added recommendations.
- You understand the importance of role modeling the organization’s values, being professional and being an effective leader day-in and day-out.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Director, Employee Engagement & Experience.
- Work closely with our people in a variety of different business areas to provide timely and accurate advice & coaching on employee relations, performance development and management.
- Proactively handle employee relations ensuring to build strong relationships with all employees and leaders within each Business Area.
- Lead the implementation of HR programs, providing change management, training, and follow-up support.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on complex employee situations to make sure they align with corporate culture, policies, and related legislation.
- Work closely with business area leadership to create and promote a healthy work environment and engaged employees.
- Conduct sensitive investigations and present findings, including recommended course(s) of action.
- You will provide subject matter expertise in HR policies & strategy through consulting, collaboration, workshop facilitation and presentations – providing advice and guidance to internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with leaders to discuss the compensation philosophy and equity for employees.
- Collaborate with members of the HR team to ensure HR support to the business areas are consistent and meets operational needs.
- Provide support for people programs including performance reviews, individual development plans, employee engagement surveys and HR metrics.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews and make recommendations that are actionable.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards, the Canada Labour Code and other relevant legislation.
- Look for operational efficiencies in HR programs and process through ongoing review of content and guidelines.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary education in a relevant field.
- You have five to ten years’ progressive HR experience. You come to us with experience in human resources consultative services and are ready for your next big challenge.
- You have a proven ability to handle multiple concurrent initiatives and to prioritize in a fast paced, deadline-oriented, and rapidly changing business environment.
- You’ve got an exemplary work ethic, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and produce high quality results.
- You have your CPHR designation; working towards it and participating in the local HR community would be great too!
- You come to us with excellent communication skills with an ability to form strong relationships at all organizational levels Resiliency to handle shifting priorities and maintain demeanor in high intensity situations.
- You have a proven track record working with multi-faceted and dynamic organizations.
- You have a positive and proactive approach towards solving problems.
- You can work with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation, volunteer, and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.