IT'S all ABOUT THE DATA...
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Bridgewater Bank, Calgary
*Please note that remote work is offered temporarily during the COVID pandemic. Only candidates that live in Calgary will be considered for this position.*
You understand that knowledge is a powerful thing – and for you there’s nothing more fulfilling than promoting and enabling data-based decision making. You love diving into the data to better understand the situation. You have a knack for data and details, without losing sight of the big picture. You’ve got the skills to govern, and master manage data all while advocating/working with stakeholders; you work well with a broad group of people; and you clearly communicate every step of the way.
In this position, your role will be primarily responsible for Bridgewater Bank’s data assets as well as an advocate for the consistent and correct use of those data assets. You will manage the lifecycle of data assets and develop clear definitions of data elements, values, and metadata.
As Business Data Analyst, you will provide expertise, guidance and advice for data process improvements, efficiencies through data analysis and reporting of information extracted from a variety of databases and promote continuous improvement as well as identify and gather requirements withing project initiatives and provide recommendations to meet objectives.
Sound like you? If so, we should talk!
WHO IS BRIDGEWATER BANK?
Unlike a traditional bank, we have no branches. This means less time managing logistics and more time focussed on you and our ‘why’ – helping you succeed. Our focus is providing honest, straightforward service and financial solutions for everyday living and important life events.
We’re financial service experts with flexible mindsets. Being a smaller bank makes us nimble, and that means we can respond quickly with innovative approaches that don’t need to go through multiple levels of approvals.
Our customers are everything. When you become a customer of Bridgewater Bank you’re like our neighbour – even family – and we treat you that way.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re an adaptable team player who excels in a fast-paced environment and thrives on challenge.
- You’re an excellent communicator (both verbal and written), an even better listener to provide direction on how to optimize our data.
- You strongly believe there’s no such thing as an insignificant detail – you keep at it until every “i” is dotted and every “t” is crossed.
- You’re organized – there’s no clutter in your workspace or in your brain.
- You have the natural ability to reduce a complex concept or task into something that is manageable and clearly interpreted.
- Finding simple solutions to complicated problems and explaining them to others comes as naturally to you as breathing.
- Deadlines? No sweat. You’ve got strong time management skills, so you always deliver on time.
- You think that important stories are buried in data, and you want to be the one that finds them.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting to Senior Team Lead BI, you will be responsible for analyzing the business needs of our internal and external stakeholders and gather requirements for specific projects related to Data Management, Business Intelligence, and Reporting.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from various business units and Partners as well as Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Business Intelligence team members, and Enterprise Integration Analysts to gather effective requirements and prepare specifications for IT team.
- Establish effective communication to ensure business stakeholders expectations are clearly understood and communicated.
- Work close to key business stakeholders to develop and maintain BwB KPIs and metric definition/derivation portfolio and work with business unit leads, front-line managers, supervisors, and other staff members to understand how our data gets utilized, consumed, and provide optimization suggestions.
- Perform Data Steward duties.
- Develop and manage relationships with data source providers for data collection enhancements, ticket issues related to data quality process and support.
- Advocate the value of data and help recruit data owners among key major business units.
- Responsible for overall records management, document control related to data management and Business Intelligence reporting.
- Providing guidance and support for project teams during the development and implementation of data management by identifying opportunities and solutions for improving data management, data quality, and Business Intelligence reporting services.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness of existing Data Warehouse and related processes and propose strategies for data quality improving and to further leveraging data.
- Develop and maintain an expert level understanding of the AMA’s data assets and business processes.
- Understand data from multiple angles including how we collect, store, and utilize data and apply high standard of data governance through the entire process.
- Analize and improve standards for exiting Data Quality engine and set expectations with business partners.
- Inspect data to identify data anomalies, trends and patterns in order to propose solutions which will improve data quality.
- Provide orientation and training to end users.
- Engages in quality assurance processes to maintain a high standard of deliverables.
- Liaise and develop productive and collaborative working relationships with all business areas.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a degree or diploma in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems.
- You have the skills and excellent experience as business analyst in a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environment.
- You have the skills and excellent experience as data analyst in a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environment.
- You have the skills and good experience as Data Steward.
- You have excellent experience in enterprise applications, data integrations, data quality standards, process mapping, data structures and reporting systems.
- You have excellent experience with MS BI Stack- SQL SERVER 2012 and up technology.
- You have strong T-SQL and ETL skills and the ability to develop your own tools for data analysis, quality, monitoring and produce statistics.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI and WebFocus is an asset.
- You have strong knowledge of fundamentals of Data Warehouse, ETL, Data Quality, Master Data, and Reporting in different enterprise-wide architectures.
- You are well organized, self-motivated, and proficient in all areas of data strategy and best practices.
- You have strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong knowledge data analysis, statistical analytics, data analytics, performance metrics, and data visualization.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, quick learner, self motivated, along with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing priorities and to adjust to a changing environment.
- You’ll get bonus points if you have experience defining and managing Master Data Management
- You’ll get bonus points for experience in Agile/Scrum.
- Banking industry experience is an asset.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.