INTERNAL AUDITOR ISN’T your
JOB…IT’S YOUR calling!
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South
As proud Albertans ourselves, AMA has spent over 90 years serving the province’s motorists and supporting our members in the community - for every chapter of their life. Our members are practically family and like real families, we're in this together. As a leading advocate for traffic safety, travel and consumer protection, and crime prevention, AMA champions the interests of our members and helps protect the things they care about most.
AMA Internal Audit provides independent and objective assurance and consultation services designed to add value and improve the business operations of the AMA Group of Companies (including those of Bridgewater Bank, Insurance Services and all other subsidiaries). Internal Audit helps the AMA accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes within the organization.
As the Internal Audit Manager, Association, you will manage audit portfolios for AMA Member Services (for example, Travel, Registries and Membership) as well as Corporate Functions (such as Finance, HR, and Contract Administration). With your problem-solving and decision-making expertise, you will oversee an auditor in the delivery of risk-based audits and provide consultative services that add value to the business. You will aid the business to continually improve internal controls, follow appropriate policies and procedures, manage risks, make planning decisions, and efficiently resolve operational issues.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a professional auditor who is familiar with the Institute of Internal Auditor Standards and maintains confidentiality, independence, and objectivity.
- You believe that being a great leader not only involves being a strong motivator, but also a mentor who generously shares time, knowledge, and experience.
- You naturally build great relationships and provide astute advice and value-added recommendations.
- You are an excellent communicator, and an even better listener.
- You have an inquisitive mind and are a pragmatic thinker. You tackle problems head on, make solid decisions and know when it’s appropriate to invite others in to collaborate on a situation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Director, Internal Audit.
- Discuss audit plans and reports, observations and recommendations for improvement and any issues or concerns with the Director.
- Prepare concise and informative audit reports to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Develop and review audit plans for complex financial, operational and compliance audits to achieve audit objectives.
- Act as a leader in the development of risk-based annual internal audit plans for the business units you are responsible for, to achieve IA’s mandate and meet IIA standards.
- You will provide consultative services to management to contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
- Support reporting to the Audit Committee to provide independent assurance that controls are operating effectively, or that management is taking appropriate actions to address deficiencies.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in business, accounting, information technology or a related field.
- You have a current professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing (CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA).
- You have at least 5 years of experience in management/leadership roles in an audit capacity.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.