CODE IS YOUR
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South (Work from Home OR Office)
You’re a wizard with code — and proud of it. You love working and playing with computers, and there are simply no words to describe your deep love for technology. You can’t visit a website without dissecting it to figure out how it works and how it could be better for the end user. We could use a passionate techy like you! As an Intermediate Full Stack Developer for our Application Services team, you’ll help provide AMA with new business solutions and improve existing technology solutions. The primary responsibility of this job is to translate software requirements into working software and to code, maintain, enhance, develop and test applications for use in AMA. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You tackle every project with anticipation and excitement — no matter how big or how small.
- You ‘get’ what it means to be part of the team and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
- The words “that will do” aren’t in your vocabulary. You always strive to find the best, most innovative solution.
- You don’t sit around waiting to be told what to do. You know what needs to be done and you do it.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and a clear vision.
- You’re a natural mentor. Bringing out the best in others, brings out the best in you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting to the Agile Team Lead, you will be working with web applications, with a strong focus on Serverless apps.
- Follow a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery workflow to enable frequent, reliable production deployments.
- Research and resolve problems, coordinate problem solving with vendors, business users, and network and hardware support staff.
- Promote a positive security culture, particularly in the development of software systems.
- Investigate new products, tools and technology to add value to the business; ensuring that applications are on the right platform.
- Coordinate with product owners, other developers and business users through the project life cycle to gather and understand requirements, determine best solutions, test solutions and demonstrate functionality to end users.
- Ensure all application changes are developed, tested, and implemented in a well-controlled environment.
- Participate in the design and implementation of IT service management standards, tools and methodologies.
- Follow modern application architecture guidelines and design principles such as separation of concerns, single responsibility, and least knowledge.
- Create user-centric applications by considering customer feedback, technical constraints, opportunities, and usability findings.
- Enforce test-driven development (TDD) and continuous integration to ensure our products consistently meet or exceed expectations.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation backed by automated monitoring and an incident management platform.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a university degree or technical diploma in a related field such as Information Technology or Computer Science.
- You have a minimum of 3 years progressive web development experience in everything from architecture to a firm understanding of design concepts and deployment of highly-available web and mobile applications.
- You’re experienced with authentication and authorization frameworks and policies.
- You’re comfortable working with data security at rest and transit, database modeling, and database transaction management.
- You have extensive experience with the following:
- Full web stack (HTTP, cookies, caching, browser rendering)
- Developing data-backed applications using a combination of REST, GraphQL, NoSQL and RDBMS technologies
- Microservice and serverless architectures
- Working with CI/CD pipelines
- Git (GitHub)
- You’ll get bonus points if you have:
- AWS experience with CDK, CloudFormation, Lambda, and CodePipeline.
- Open-source contributions
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.