GROUP BENEFITS, EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS, PENSION PLANS: YOU’RE working IN your
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South
When you overhear someone talking about benefits, pensions, and wellbeing programs, do your ears perk up? Do you naturally see the link between employee programs and people they benefit? We are looking for a Benefits Advisor who thrives on challenge and enjoys being involved in many different things at once. You’re someone who rolls up their sleeves and truly cares about making a difference for people – after all, at AMA, we’re practically family. We take pride our total rewards package and we’re looking for someone to make sure it continues to be great! If this sounds like you, we want to talk to you about this opportunity.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a professional Benefits Advisor who has exposure to group benefits plans, savings plans, and payroll processes.
- You’re a great communicator who is self-motivated, politically astute, hard-working, ethical and always takes responsibility for your own actions.
- You have an inquisitive mind and are a pragmatic thinker. You tackle problems head on, make solid decisions and know when it’s appropriate to invite others in to collaborate on a situation.
- You work best in a culture where employees are treated like members of the family…because it makes sense.
- You’re a natural at building great relationships and providing savvy advice and value-added recommendations.
- You manage projects like a pro! You can organize, prioritize and manage competing priorities, all while ensuing business needs are met.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Total Rewards.
- Be the key point of contact for AMA’s benefits programs - responsible for the overall administration of these programs.
- Coordinate the implementation of program renewals and changes, including reviewing contracts for accuracy and inclusion of appropriate terms and conditions.
- Develop, produce and validate reports for internal and external use.
- Work with our communications and creative teams to continually enhance, expand, coordinate and bundle our internal and external communications materials.
- Develop and facilitate a series of information sessions/presentations that aim to educate and inform employees.
- Work closely with HR Business Analysts and IT to become familiar with the HRIS opportunities and limitations, leading the enhancement of the enrollment process.
- Interact with employees, members of the AMA management team, external consultants and partners.
- Compile, analyze and organize data into meaningful metrics for the HR Leadership team.
- Respond to employee inquiries on various programs in a timely manner and escalate when necessary.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g., human resources, commerce.)
- You have 3-5 years’ progressive HR Generalist experience that includes advising employees on benefit and savings programs, presenting plan features and leading the promotion of the plan.
- You have experience in analysis and problem solving, program delivery, employee interaction development and leadership interaction development.
- You have an advanced knowledge of Total Rewards practices and procedures.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and volunteer and personal floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.