You’re Enthusiastic About
Designing Experiences People Love
Closing: When Filled
The Alberta Motor Association (AMA) is on the lookout for a Senior Designer to join our Digital Design Team. You will be responsible for maintaining and designing our many B2C digital products, and be heavily involved in conception and ideation phases, gathering requirements and technical scope, executing high-fidelity prototypes for stakeholder and business review, and working with our development team in refining and ensuring proper implantation of design specifications.
You will be working within a team of skilled designers as part of a larger team that includes copywriters, marketers, developers, analysts, SEO specialists, and executive stakeholders. Your primary responsibilities include creating user-focused designs informed by market analysis, customer feedback and requirements, and user research analytics to ensure successful large digital projects and visual marketing assets required to deliver an impactful digital member experience.
**This role is a remote 15-month placement**
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects.
- You’re detail oriented, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, are flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios.
- You know how to tailor online experiences and are a self-professed “people person".
- You get what it means to be part of the team. And when it comes to learning, you’re like a sponge and consider yourself to be a lifelong student.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and clear vision - nothing slows you down.
- You’re web and app-savvy and up to date on the latest trends, tools, and methods.
- You are passionate about good, consistent, pixel-perfect design, and strive to give users the best possible experience.
- You like working closely with different team members and business units to make sure we are solving the right problems for our customers.
- You’re a team player who is established in their skillset and able to rationalize design decisions to stakeholders and leaders.
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring more junior team members.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Marketing
- Work within the Digital Design team, led by the Digital Design Leader.
- Take abstract ideas and turn them into useful, elegant, and best-in-class user experiences.
- Solve complex problems in a highly creative, user-centric way through an iterative process of experimentation and attention to detail
- Understand business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives to create enterprise-level digital products that support broad, unstructured goals or nonlinear workflows of a variety of user types in specialized domains
- Create an amazing user experience, using UX best practices across a wide range of devices.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand business problems and provide design solutions that will work at scale.
- Design high quality multi-page funnels, application design, online systems, digital campaigns, and digital assets.
- Work with user insights from our internal marketing and optimization teams.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative research to gain insights into customer behaviour.
- Plan and conduct a variety of user testing methods, such as usability tests, card sorting exercises, user surveys, and interviews
- Follow UX best practices, usability heuristics, and AMA brand guidelines.
- Please note, during the pandemic our Marketing team is primarily working remotely from home.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You will have a university degree or post-secondary diploma in a related field such as UX Design, Digital Media, Graphic Design or Visual Communication.
- 5+ years of digital design experience developing enterprise websites and minimum 2 years in a role as an intermediate or equivalent designer position
- 3+ years of UX design experience with strong knowledge of user behaviour, testing and UX best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of Inbound Marketing, Content Marketing, PPC, Email campaigns and HTML/CSS is an asset
- Strong portfolio showcasing knowledge of UX and visual design principles and techniques
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, visual designs, and mobile/desktop prototypes with clear documentation.
- Must be proficient in prototyping tools such as Figma, XD, as well as Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several large projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of technical (backend) constraints and implementation
- Strong communication and proficient presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in and foster a collaborative team environment
- Proven integrity and ethics
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive Wages.
- Vacation pay is added to each paycheque.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Benefits if you choose to receive them (With payroll deductions).
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
Please note: applicants without a portfolio of work are unlikely to be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.