YOU EAT RISK FOR breakfast.
Closing: Until Filled
You love telling people your job is filled with risk! You excel at identifying and analyzing risk with a detective’s eye for critical details. You’re an excellent communicator who listens when people talk; and when you talk, people listen. Your natural curiosity is the backbone of your business savvy, and you find nothing more fulfilling than learning and uncovering solutions to problems. For you, it’s all about making people’s lives better.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You're a natural at consulting with stakeholders to anticipate and understand their needs; collaboration is the name of your game. You’re a flexible and responsive team player.
- You're a stickler for detail and documentation. Sweating the details is what you do best.
- You don’t need someone to light a fire under you; you take the initiative and enthusiastically manage multiple projects with limited supervision.
- You’re always aware of risks and protecting those around you, and you aren’t afraid to raise the red flag when needed.
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects — prioritizing, planning, and organizing are part of your DNA.
- You see the big picture as well as the details; you are able to identify, assess and evaluate a problem/opportunity in context of the overall strategy.
- You believe in fair play and pride yourself on doing what’s right, even when it’s hard. You’re a Swiss vault when it comes to confidentiality.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to synthesize information into a clear and concise format.
- You have a solid business acumen, organizational assessment, and analytical skills
- You’re a natural detective and you aren’t afraid to take on the unknown, figure things out, and analyse the pieces of the puzzle to add value and make things better.
- You are no shrinking violet, you can think on your feet, and talk to anyone. You are comfortable working with people at all levels of an organization
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Enterprise Risk.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding when analyzing complex issues and provide appropriate business-specific recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders within AMA and its subsidiary companies to identify and manage significant risks that may prevent the business from meeting its objectives.
- Advise management in ensuring comprehensive risk mitigating controls, practices, methodologies, processes and guidelines are in place and that they are appropriately assessed and maintained.
- Support the Manager, Enterprise Risk in the development, administration, and maintenance of the Business Continuity Management program. Support the administration and operation of the Enterprise Risk Management Program, Fraud Risk Management Program, Business Continuity Management Program and various other risk and control assessment activities that fall under the Office of the Chief Risk Officer.
- Analyse and assess risks to the corporate group, which includes two financially regulated entities (a chartered bank and an insurance company).
- Provide creative solutions to business needs through the development of dashboards, management reports, analytics, and modeling.
- Develop and evaluate the results of risk assessments and advise on action plans.
- Translate strategy and changes in guidelines/requirements/business environment into risk-based recommendations and business continuity requirements.
- Liaise with external auditors, internal auditors, compliance oversight function, management, and other stakeholders, as required, to ensure appropriate advice on complex issues and timelines are met.
- Champion and foster a positive and proactive risk culture within AMA and its subsidiary companies.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline such as Accounting or Business
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or risk designation.
- Minimum three years of experience in a finance, accounting, audit, or risk role
- Demonstrated skills in data gathering, analysis, problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to analyse and understand complex regulatory / legal requirements and financial concepts
- Strong technical and data relationship skills. Demonstrated analytical thinker.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated high level of accuracy
- Unquestionable integrity, ethics, and professionalism
- Strong communication (written and verbal), presentation and facilitation skills
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.