WE ARE LOOKING FOR A FORWARD-thinking,
Closing: Until Filled
You’re like the Golden Gate bridge; your talents span across many miles and you provide strength, support and guidance to those around you. You ensure everyone is going in the right direction and enjoying the experience along the way. You take a vision and bring it to life with your passion, mentorship and performance abilities. Traffic or roadblocks aren’t a problem - you zone in on issues and address them so we can get back to business.
You thrive on helping your team succeed through sharing the vision and using hands-on leadership to get the job done. You have a passion for sales and operational excellence. Our front-line Travel and Registry businesses are diverse, complex, and fun! Someone with the right character and skills is needed to continue guiding on this standard of excellence, and push it even further! You understand our members are the reason we are all here and you inspire your people to deliver exceptional experiences.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You have relentless energy and spirit and know what it takes to drive a successful business.
- You pride yourself on your strong leadership skills, enjoy motivating your team and helping them discover their inner greatness.
- You understand that vision isn’t just about seeing the future – it’s about understanding what it takes to get there.
- Your secret weapons are your charisma and personal presence. When you speak, people listen.
- You are the unofficial company cheerleader, enthusiastically embracing the values, vision and culture of our organization.
- You love coming up with innovative sales strategies that lead to exceptional results.
- You’re both a right- and left-brained thinker. Your innovative side is balanced by your quantitative analytical abilities.
- You have a love for learning and education — not just for others, but also for yourself.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to Director of Sales & Service.
- You'll oversee the day-to-day retail centre operations of the Member Services department.
- You’ll support the implementation of Member Services strategies, policies and processes while supporting the Association’s overarching strategic direction.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining operational processes that support member satisfaction, growth and retention, business unit sales and cost controls.
- You’ll also play a key role in ensuring the operation adheres to financial protocols to protect our members and the association.
- As a leader and a role model, you’ll show your team what it means to Treat You Like Family & Friends (TYLF), a staple of AMA’s culture and values.
- Lead the charge in maximizing member engagement – because you understand that our members mean everything to us.
- Ensure that operational excellence is a top priority by overseeing initiatives that will increase our effectiveness, efficiency and profitability. And of course, that we’re making the best use of our resources.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
- You’ve got some serious experience under your belt with at least 5 years in progressive management or leadership in a team-oriented workplace.
- You have experience in the Travel industry, this we must stress.
- Registry experience is considered an asset.
- You “get” people and know what it takes to create a great experience for your team and for members.
- You know all the ins and outs of how to be extremely organized and capable of tracking, managing, and resolving issues effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Above all … you have a strong history of results … a history of making a product you've worked on, a service you've provided, or a company you've worked for; better, stronger, more loved and more purchased.
- You will be able to pass a Canadian Criminal Record Check
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.