IT’S ALL ABOUT THE data
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South
You’re definitely a “Techie” who’s passionate about finding the right solutions and ensuring a smooth-running system environment. You are not afraid to pave the way for bigger and better things. As a Data Engineer for our AMA Analytics department, you’ll be responsible for the collecting, sorting, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. We are looking for someone whose primary focus will be on finding creative optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills for technology and business.
- You’re an excellent communicator and an even better listener — it’s probably why you’re also a great negotiator.
- You’re not only motivated to go above and beyond in your own role, you know how to motivate others and get everyone on board.
- You love being able to share your knowledge and experience to help others grow and excel in their careers.
- Your superior organizational skills leave no room for clutter — in your workspace or in your brain.
- You’re just as good at managing people as you are at managing projects, thanks to your upbeat attitude and ability to stay calm when others aren’t.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Data Engineering
- Design & implement solutions to enhance our customer’s experience.
- Design & develop data framework to support customer events (Data Modelling, ETL, Data Cleansing, Data Enrichment).
- Investigate new products, tools, and data technologies (Big Data, Data Mining, Deep Learning) to add value to the business; ensure applications are on the right platform and that we’re in a sustainable position moving forward.
- Provide operational support for existing data warehouse environment.
- Use best practices to write well designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Identify technical debt/operational improvements & implement solutions.
- Meet with business partners to understand & gather requirements for strategic initiatives.
- Work in a collaborative space with a team of people.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a university degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- You have a minimum of 7 years’ progressive experience in data analysis and/or business analysis.
- You are an expert with Relational Database engines such as Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle, mySQL, etc.
- Proficiency with Big Data technologies. Experience with Snowflake, AWS, Attunity Replicate and WhereScape RED is preferred.
- You are familiar with Design & Engineering of Data Warehouses (Data Modelling, ETL, Data Cleansing, Data Enrichment).
- Experience with Business Intelligence technologies such as Power BI, Tableau, Pentaho, etc.
- Proven track record with the Kimball Methodology, Data Vault and Agile Methodologies.
- Practical experience with software development and data engineering practices.
- Skilled with test driven development (TDD), continuous integration and deployment.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Defined Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.