Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton Kingsway (Work from Home OR Office)
You’re a geek — and proud of it. You love working with computers, playing with computers and there are simply no words to describe your deep love for technology. You can’t visit a website without dissecting it to figure out how it works and how it could be better for the end user. We could use a passionate techy like you! As a Developer for our Insurance Information Services team, you’ll help provide AMA with new business solutions and improve existing technology solutions. The primary responsibility of this job is to translate software requirements into working software and to code, maintain, enhance, develop and test applications for use in AMA. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You tackle every project with anticipation and excitement — no matter how big or how small.
- You ‘get’ what it means to be part of the team and enjoy working in a collaborative, open-office environment.
- The words “that will do” aren’t in your vocabulary. You always strive to find the best, most innovative solution.
- You don’t sit around waiting to be told what to do. You know what needs to be done and you do it.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and a clear vision.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting to the Team Lead, Insurance Applications, you’ll be working with the Guidewire Insurance Suite, Guidewire Digital, and the various integration points that support those products.
- Participate in the design and implementation of IT service management standards, tools and methodologies.
- Seeking to build in security during the development states of software systems.
- Investigate new products, tools and technology to add value to the business; ensuring that applications are on the right platform.
- Work with Product Owners, other developers and business users through the project life cycle to gather and understand requirements, determine best solutions, test solutions and demonstrate functionality to end users.
- Ensure all application changes are developed, tested, and implemented in a well-controlled environment.
- Follow modern application architecture guidelines and design principles such as separation of concerns, single responsibility, and least knowledge.
- Design, develop and maintain technical architecture framework via SOA and Microservices.
- Deploy code through an established automated deployment framework.
- Create user-centric applications by considering customer feedback, technical constraints, opportunities and usability findings.
- Enforce test-driven development (TDD) and continuous integration.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation backed by automated monitoring and an incident management platform.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a university degree or technical school diploma in a related technical field such as Information Technology or Computer Science. Have a degree in something else? Tell us about it and how you can use it in this role.
- You have at least 3 years of development experience.
- You’re comfortable working with data security at rest and in transit.
- You’re also at ease with Application Programming Interface (API) management and design.
- You have experience with the following languages, on this we must insist:
- Git (Azure DevOps, GitHub)
- SQL (queries, views, stored procedures)
- You’ll get bonus points if you have:
- Gosu Programming Language
- You know Node.js, AngularJS, and ReactJS
- You’re a pro at developing data-backed applications using a combination of REST, SSIS, RDBMS technologies
- Azure and\or AWS experience with App Services, SQL Server, Function and Logic Apps
- Powershell and batch scripting languages
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.