YOU SPEAK many LANGUAGES
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South
The Alberta Motor Association (AMA) is on the lookout for an Agile Team Lead, Product Design. You will be part of the product design team responsible for maintaining and designing the company's many digital products, from personas and user flows through to mockups, prototypes, user testing, and contributing to a user-centered product culture. You will also be responsible for managing the other product designers and front-end developer on the team.
If you love working with developers and product owners to create functional, user-friendly, and visually appealing applications and services, and have a passion for creating great digital products, design, and user experience communities – apply now!
**This role is a 12-month placement**
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects. Prioritizing, planning, and organizing is part of your DNA.
- You have a rock-solid reputation as a creative problem solver.
- You get what it means to be part of the team. And when it comes to learning, you’re like a sponge and consider yourself to be a lifelong student.
- Developing creative solutions to complicated problems comes as naturally to you as breathing
- You enjoy working with people and you always dig in to really understand what they’re trying to achieve so that you can blow their socks off when you deliver it.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and clear vision - nothing slows you down.
- You’re web and app-savvy and up to date on the latest trends, tools and methods.
- You are passionate about good, consistent, pixel-perfect design, and strive to give users the best possible experience.
- You like working closely with product owners and business units to make sure we are solving the right problems for our customers
- You take pride in conducting user research to develop an understanding of our members, and following it through to finished, testable products.
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring more junior team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the AVP, Enterprise Portfolio Management Office, you’ll consult with product owners and business units to plan design work around product roadmaps, and deliver new or enhanced features and services for all of AMA’s digital channels (web, mobile, voice).
- Work within a mono-tasking Agile environment with a focus on high quality, peer-reviewed output.
- Drive concept and execution of design and usability initiatives through exploration and finishing of wireframes and high-fidelity mockups.
- Take abstract ideas and turn them into useful, elegant and best-in-class user experiences.
- Collaborate with a team of product designers and developers to maintain the highest standards of quality for our customers.
- Test designs across multiple browsers, devices, and operating systems.
- Refine, maintain, and enforce current design guidelines and strategies through a centralized design system.
- Initiate, plan, and facilitate user research, shadowing, and in-person usability testing.
- Convert observations and findings from user research into tangible design artefacts.
- Confirm design direction by testing prototypes and digital products with end users.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative research to gain insights into customer behaviour.
- Participate in design reviews – give and take design feedback gracefully and respectfully.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have at least 8 years’ experience working as a product designer, user experience designer, or other similar position.
- You have experience and are extremely efficient working across all facets of design: research, user flows, wireframes, visual design, interaction design, prototyping, and user testing.
- You have a firm understanding of design principles across many channels.
- You are an expert with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, and have experience using wireframing and prototyping tools.
- You have experience presenting, defending, and selling your design decisions to various groups and roles (from developers to senior executives).
- You have a huge passion for, as well as experience contributing to and maintaining design systems.
- You know your memes and emojis and enjoy participating in team building activities of all kinds – whether it be dodgeball or board games.
- You are familiar with Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- You have verbal, visual, and written communication skills to articulate design and UX logic and reasoning across disciplines.
- Bonus points if you:
- Can write W3C compliant HTML and CSS/SASS.
- Have experience working with voice interaction design.
- Have experience leading a team of designers.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive Wages.
- Vacation pay is added to each paycheque.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Benefits if you choose to receive them (With payroll deductions).
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
Please note: applicants without a portfolio of work are unlikely to be considered for this position. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.