Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South and/or remote
You’re a geek — and proud of it. You love working with computers, playing with computers and there are simply no words to describe your deep love for technology. You can’t visit a website without dissecting it to figure out how it works and how it could be better for the end user. We could use a passionate techy like you! As a Developer for our Digital Marketing team, you’ll help provide AMA with new business solutions and improve existing technology solutions. The primary responsibility of this job is to translate software requirements into working software and to code, maintain, enhance, develop and test applications for use in AMA. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You're visually oriented and have a keen eye for detail — it's a thing of beauty to watch you work.
- You have a rock-solid reputation as a creative problem solver — nothing slows you down for long.
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects. Prioritizing, planning and organizing are part of your DNA, and you handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and clear vision.
- You're 'web-savvy' and up to date with designing mobile trends, tools and methods.
- You're a natural at coming up with simple solutions to complicated web developing ideas and concepts and explaining them to others.
- You tackle every project with anticipation and excitement — no matter how big or how small.
- You ‘get’ what it means to be part of the team and enjoy working in a collaborative, open-office environment.
- The words “that will do” aren’t in your vocabulary. You always strive to find the best, most innovative solution.
- You don’t sit around waiting to be told what to do. You know what needs to be done and you do it.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and a clear vision.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reporting to the Agile Team Lead, Development.
- Develop enterprise web applications to add value to the business, ensuring that applications are on the right platform.
- Support and enhance the external-facing AMA websites and all other internal applications.
- Collaborate and develop strong working relationships with key cross functional partners in support of the Project Execution Methodology.
- Ensure integrity and optimal performance of applications and databases.
- Provide analysis and recommended solution for data problems.
- Identify key areas throughout our website that can be modified, enhanced and beautified.
- Look for opportunities and make recommendations for improvements to our website and marketing materials — after all, it’s all about the customer experience!
- Seeking to build in security during the development stages of software systems.
- Work with solutions architect, team leads, QA analyst and other developers and business users through the project life cycle to gather and understand requirements, determine best solutions, test solutions and demonstrate functionality to end users.
- Ensure all application changes are developed, tested, and implemented in a well-controlled environment.
- Follow modern application architecture guidelines and design principles such as separation of concerns, single responsibility, and least knowledge.
- Deploy code through an established automated deployment framework.
- Create user-centric applications by considering customer feedback, technical constraints, opportunities and usability findings.
- Enforce test-driven development (TDD) and continuous integration.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a university degree or technical school diploma in a related technical field such as Information Technology or Computer Science. Have a degree in something else? Tell us about it and how you can use it in this role.
- You have at least 1 year of web development experience.
- You’re comfortable working with data security at rest and transit.
- You’re also at ease with Application Programming Interface (API) management and design.
- You have experience with the following languages, on this we must insist:
- ASP.NET MVC
- SQL (queries, views, stored procedures)
- Angular 2+
- Git (Azure DevOps, GitHub)
- You’ll get bonus points if you have:
- .NET Core
- Azure experience with App Services, SQL Server, Function and Logic Apps
- You have a deep knowledge of the full web stack (HTTP, cookies, caching, browser rendering)
- MCSD certification
- You have knowledge of Digital Marketing, and if you don't, an interest to learn would be great too!
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Defined Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
- Work-from home options available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.