YOU speak MANY LANGUAGES
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South
The Alberta Motor Association (AMA) is on the lookout for a seasoned Business Intelligence Analyst. You will be part of the Business Intelligence team responsible for designing best-in-class dashboards and reports. If you know how to masterfully articulate business requirements and convert raw data into meaningful insights through interactive and easy-to-understand dashboards, and have a passion for design, data storytelling and user experience – apply now!
WHAT MOVES YOU
- Developing data and visualization solutions to complicated problems comes as naturally to you as breathing.
- You enjoy collaborating with people from all levels of the organization to solve complex business problems and accomplish common goals using data and visualizations.
- You are a champion of data storytelling and data literacy.
- You provide consistent dashboard design, data visualization, and strive to give users the best possible experience.
- You have a knack for quickly understanding business goals and translating them into reports and visualizations that can be easily used across the organization.
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects. Prioritizing, planning, and organizing is part of your DNA.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and clear vision - nothing slows you down.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Business Intelligence.
- Consult with Product Owners and business units to deliver new or enhanced data reporting and dashboards.
- Translate business requirements in a BI context and design data models to transform raw data into meaningful insights.
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Analyze and present data through reports that aid decision-making.
- Create relationships between data and tabular other multidimensional data models.
- Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI.
- Create detailed data documentation explaining measures, parameters, data models, and relationships.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform detailed analytics.
- Work within an Agile environment with a focus on high quality, peer-reviewed output.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You’re no newbie. You have 3-5 years of report design/development experience – on this we must insist.
- Must have experience in creating data-rich dashboards, writing DAX expressions, and implementing row-level security in Power BI. Also, must be able to develop custom BI products that require knowledge of scripting languages and programming languages like R and Python.
- Working knowledge in a wide variety of modern design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Marvel Principle, and InVision.
- You have verbal, visual, and written communication skills to articulate requirements, technical specifications, UX logic and reasoning across disciplines.
- Relevant education such as a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- You are familiar with Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Bonus points if you are certified as a Microsoft Data Analyst Associate.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Defined Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.