YOU’RE A self-motivated,
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South
For many, driving during rush hour can be a point for frustration. You, on the other hand, find increasing traffic a huge driving force! We are looking for someone who truly understands and has a passion for innovation and digital products. You’re a digital marketing pro and see the value of optimizing web presence. You can make things happen.
You will be responsible for planning, creating, maintaining, monitoring and optimizing web pages on the AMA Travel website to increase leads, conversion rates, event attendance and AMA Travel revenues while contributing to the overall success and growth of the Travel Services business.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects. Prioritizing, planning an organizing are part of your DNA.
- You’re constantly connected and a true digital genius.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, are flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios.
- You’re both a right- and left-brained thinker. Your innovative side is balanced by your quantitative analytical abilities.
- You love to share thoughts and ideas - after all, two heads are better than one.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will report to the Manager, Marketing.
- Plan, create, maintain, monitor, and optimize Travel and Association web pages including assisting with the development of page layouts, new functionality, and creative development.
- Auditing content to maintain a consistent look, feel, and compliance with AMA brand standards.
- Leverage web analytics and search engine market research to optimize page content and navigation.
- Assist with the development of website plans based on research (e.g. best practices, web trends, analytics), business requirements, and end-user needs.
- Research and recommend new or enhanced functionality, and drive projects to implement approved functionality enhancements.
- Developing and designing image assets, banners, advertisements for web pages, online advertising campaigns and email marketing campaigns.
- Managing cross-department pages, with input from other Web Content Specialists.
- Collaborate with marketing team to ensure all online information is accurate, up-to-date, and archived or deleted in a timely manner.
- Utilize Content Management Systems (CMS).
- You’ll develop and design image assets, banners, advertisements for various platforms.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You’ll have a university degree or post-secondary diploma in a related field such as Web Design/Development, Communications, Marketing or Public Relations.
- You have experience in a web environment, with a strong background in writing for the web; utilizing HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- You have a firm understanding of UX best practices, accessibility standards, and web trends.
- You have experience with Photoshop and InDesign, as well as basic Design & Usability knowledge.
- Previous marketing experience would be an asset.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid pension plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Vacation time and floater day.
Please note, this position will potentially involve primarily working from home only during the pandemic.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.