PART PROBLEM SOLVER. PART MECHANIC.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton Service Centre
Our AMA brand is important to us and we set the bar for the towing industry. Safety, using the best towing equipment available, and providing a first-class member experience are the hallmarks of working for AMA.
AMA leads the towing industry in compensation providing a competitive base salary and an incentive compensation program for our drivers. In addition to this, AMA offers a flexible benefit plan and company provided uniforms and more…
We are hiring for ;
- Full-Time Seasonal (Hourly) roles are 6-months in length.
- Auxiliary (Hourly) employees typically work weekends, as well as weekdays as per availability.
- Regular Part-Time (Hourly) employees work a minimum of 21 hours per week providing coverage over weekend and weekday shifts, with the opportunity for additional hours and overtime.
Successful candidates will be trained on standard tow truck operation and required to work rotational 8-hour shifts, as per scheduled days (including holidays), between the hours of 6:00am and midnight.
You’re one of those amazing people who goes out of their way to help others. Helping a young mother with a baby stroller up the stairs or carrying groceries inside for an elderly person is just all in a typical day for you. You’re like an everyday superhero (only without the weird cape). We could use someone with your super powers and passion for helping others. You don’t have to be a top-notch mechanic or have any other special skills – with your willingness to learn, we’ll provide you with all the training you’ll need, along with access to state-of-the-art technology and equipment.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You love the idea of being able to help people and make a difference in their day – even in a challenging situation.
- You may not be a mechanic by trade, but you have a knack for the automotive industry and enjoy working with your hands (and don’t mind getting them dirty). You also don’t mind showing off your muscles by doing a bit of lifting now and then.
- You know how to think on your feet – for you, there’s nothing more satisfying than solving puzzles and finding creative solutions.
- You're not a 9-to-5 desk job type of person. You want variety and a job that offers something different each day.
- You work well on your own but you also enjoy being part of a team.
- You care about doing things right and your mom is proud of your safety-first attitude.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the Fleet Supervisor.
- Work various shifts (including evenings and weekends) enduring all kinds of Alberta weather.
- Respond to our members when they need service, minor mechanical assistance or towing.
- Ensure that AMA vehicles, communication equipment, and tools are kept clean, orderly, and in good working condition.
- Promote AMA memberships and provide general information about AMA to our members.
- Stay up-to-date on your knowledge of our communications and operating equipment.
- Make sure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used and worn at all times.
- Keep yourself and everyone else safe by ensuring all engineered controls, safe work procedures/ policies, environmental issues, rules and work practices are followed as outlined in the Service Vehicle Operator handbook.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a high school diploma.
- You have a Class 5 driver’s license with fewer than 6 demerit points at any one time and have been driving for at least five years (you'll get bonus points if you have a good grasp of city routes).
- You’re able to be licensed for Automotive Lock Bypass
- You will be able to pass a Canadian Criminal Record Check
- You're not required to be licensed as an Automotive Service Technician, but it definitely helps!
- You’re comfortable working rotational shift work.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits options.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Vacation earnings.
- Floater day (Regular Part-Time).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.