YOU’RE ALWAYS ready TO
LEND A helping HAND.
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton Service Centre North
You know a vehicle runs only as well as the care that it’s given. That’s why you make it your mission to ensure each truck that passes through your hands gets your undivided attention. A one-person pit crew, you can fuel a vehicle and ensure its equipment is properly working about as quickly as a NASCAR crew can get a racecar back on the track. But you never sacrifice safety for speed. Your attention to detail means every vehicle is road-ready in time for its intended shift. And if the drivers need something once, they’re out on the road, you’re only too happy to get behind the wheel and deliver parts, batteries, or equipment. Being part of a team means jumping in and helping wherever is needed – and teamwork is your middle name.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You care about doing things right and your mom is proud of your safety-first attitude.
- You're not a sit-at-a-desk type of person. You want variety and a job that offers something different each day.
- You take care of yourself and regularly hit the gym, and you don’t mind flexing your muscles at work by doing a bit of lifting now and then.
- You’re as soft on the inside as you are strong on the outside, always demonstrating an approachable, caring, friendly, and customer-oriented attitude.
- You can always be trusted to give an honest answer and are the gold standard when it comes to portraying fairness and integrity.
- You don’t need anybody to light a fire under you – you’re a highly motivated self-starter who has no problem getting the job done with minimal supervision.
- Your time-management skills are the stuff of legend – prioritizing your work comes as naturally as breathing.
- You work well on your own but also enjoy being part of a team. Collaboration is the name of your game and when it comes to building strong team spirit, you’re a natural.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Fleet Operations and work closely with Fleet Supervisors.
- Work various shifts (including evenings and weekends) enduring all kinds of Alberta weather.
- Ensure all trucks are fueled up before the Service Vehicle Operators start their shift and inspect vehicles for safety; check all standard equipment is present and in good working order.
- Help clean the inside and outside of trucks, to maintain brand image and reputation; clear snow and ice from trucks before the start of shifts; in extremely cold weather, start and warm vehicles before the assigned shift time for each vehicle.
- Ensure wash bays are cleaned and stocked daily; collect garbage and recycling daily from common areas of the centre; sweep and ensure outside areas are clear of garbage and debris.
- Help shuttle vehicles to and from other facilities and dealerships.
- Deliver batteries and other needed supplies to Service Vehicle Operators and contractors when needed.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- You have a Class 5 driver’s license with fewer than 6 demerit points at any one time and have been driving for at least five years (you'll get bonus points if you have a good grasp of city routes).
- You’re knowledgeable in Health and Safety policies and procedures and have a current certificate in First Aid training.
- You're mechanically inclined and enjoy working with your hands and people.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
* The hours of work for this position is 37.5 hours per week within the hours of business operations. Regular shifts currently take place from 7:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday. Variable shifts can occur evenings, weekends and with variable weather and business need.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.