INTERNAL AUDITOR ISN’T your
JOB…IT’S YOUR calling!
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South
As an Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for the timely planning, executing and reporting of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects. You will provide independent, objective assurance and consultation services designed to add value and improve AMA’s business operations. With your expertise, you will work with the Internal Audit team to provide assistance with the systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes within the organization. You may also be called upon to assist with research and reviews and to make any necessary recommendations to improve processes, controls and policies.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a professional auditor who is familiar with the IIA Standards and maintains confidentiality, independence and objectivity.
- You're a strong planner, well-organized and very analytical.
- You’re a great communicator who is self- motivated, straightforward, hard-working, ethical and always takes responsibility for your own actions.
- You have an inquisitive mind and are a pragmatic thinker.
- You have the ability to think strategically in evaluating risks and controls and developing solutions.
- You’re a problem solver who produces high quality results within tight deadlines – that’s just what you do.
- You naturally build great relationships and provide astute advice and value-added recommendations.
- While you work well on your own, you also enjoy being part of a team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Determine the scope and audit objectives required to provide adequate assurance regarding governance, risks and control processes for the identified business activity.
- Select an appropriate audit approach, testing procedures and sampling criteria to achieve the objectives outlined in the audit plan.
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with Internal Audit’s methodology.
- Prepare the final audit report to concisely communicate findings and recommendations to senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Carry out research and provide advice to management on changes to policies and systems.
- Report to the Director, Internal Audit.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in business, accounting, or a related field.
- You have a professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing (CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA).
- You have at least three (3) years of directly related experience.
- Data analysis and visualization skills and experience in an audit, financial, risk management or technology function would be an asset.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.